Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been using Griots polishes and waxes for years and have always been happy (It always could be better, right?) with the results. I typically use an orbital polisher and/or a random orbiter to polish and wax including claying when necessary.

I’ve heard good things about Zaino and I was wondering if any one has used both products? If so, what’s your impression between these two products? Will Zaino give a better shine when is all said and done? The Zaino web page says that they don’t recommend using machine polishers - which is fine, but hand polishing takes mucho time!

What about Meguiar's?

·
Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
Meguiar's tech wax is the best I have ever used. Easy to apply and easy to take off and a VERY "wet" shine.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/503/185IMG_2754web.jpg[/image]

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
zaino is overpriced and obsolete. meguiars better, some pinnacle products better, some mothers prodcuts better. newest stuff on the block is also excellent and will hold its own vs anything www.jaxwax.com

·
Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
BigCarrot said:
I did a side by side on my car with Pinnacle and NXT a couple of months ago. There was an obvious difference in my opinion. Tobes, have you tried Pinnacle?
I have.

I favor the Meguiar's as it seems to remove the very fine scratches a bit better and is easier to use.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Toby said:
BigCarrot said:
I did a side by side on my car with Pinnacle and NXT a couple of months ago. There was an obvious difference in my opinion. Tobes, have you tried Pinnacle?
I have.

I favor the Meguiar's as it seems to remove the very fine scratches a bit better and is easier to use.
Easier to use???? Whaaaaaaaat??? Pinnacle goes on and comes off easier than anything I have EVAR seen! It literally takes NO effort or pressure!

·
Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
BigCarrot said:
Toby said:
BigCarrot said:
I have.

Easier to use???? Whaaaaaaaat??? Pinnacle goes on and comes off easier than anything I have EVAR seen! It literally takes NO effort or pressure!
Have you ever used Meguiars Tech Wax?

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
no offense to the "zaino boys". while it does work and produces results, if you truly think "its the way to go" you either got waaaay too much fucking time on your hands (to do the 400 hour process required for your zaino 2 day shine) or youre lost in time (as may be evident by the members only jacket). no offense. you might as well go back to the old turtle wax and self inflicted lateral epicondylitis methods. not to mention the glorified price that is charged for zaino truly exemplifying the proof that PT Barnum was right, a sucker is born every minute.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
BigCarrot said:
agentf1 said:
Definetly Zaino is the way to go.
And definitely this guy is wrong.
Not the only way to go but...... I have enough Griots products in my garage to open a detail shop. I used it exclusively on my Z06 with very good results. I decided to use Zaino on the Viper. More time consuming than most waxes, that's for shit sure. I put on several coats (5 or 7) of Zaino and the results were amazing. I was staged next to another well-kept sapphire blue RT/10 at the track and my car looked soooooo much better. The paint has a deep glossy look and the wax really brough out the metallic in the paint. I don't know shit about chemistry so I don't know if Zaino is outdated or not but I have never had results with other waxes like I did with Zaino.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.