Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be better to protect behind tires for dragging?

Zaino wax or Zaino gloss spray? If I just sprayed a bunch of gloss spray on and let it dry, would it protect? Or...should I just apply a bunch of wax?

·
Out to lunch
5,863 Posts
Wax is not going to help a damn thing in an environment such as the wheel wells. Cleaning it on a regular basis is about the only standard option. I have seen spray in bed liner used to coat those areas...on a viper. To tell you the truth, I thought it was a good idea but I was not impressed with the thickness, texture or the job done on that car.

I am not sure as to the technical specifications of the minimum thickness of the various spray in liners but if you could refine the texture and apply it as a relatively thin veneer, protecting areas such as the under-body and wheel wells would be an outstanding application of that type of product.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Toby said:
Geddex Burnout Guard

You can find it online pretty easy. Washes off with water and you don't have to use solvents.
Best idea, especially in the wheel wells. Then you can put tape on the paited areas to help against chips. I didn't use anything at Columbus, and it took over two hours a wheel to get the rubber cleaned up.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
get tape, the kind they use for haulers. or, the same company that makes dial in markers has a spray on product; it works real well, just a bit of a pain in the ass to remember to apply it and let it dry and do several coats of it.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
95Viper said:
OK, stupid question...what kind of freakin tape? Haulers tape? What the heck? I need this shit by Friday.
Clear 3M tape.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
car haulers tape. its what they put on cars when hauling them. the tape you use for painting will work just as good though (home depot)

the best stuff is the spray stuff by the dial in marker people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.