1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You\'ve got to be kidding me...

[color:"green"]Got this email today...[/color]

Dear SoCal VCA Members:

Maurice Liang (NorCal President) has plans in work for a Zone-wide event for the Drifting Finals in Irwindale on August 29th. As you may have heard, Sam Hubinette has won 3 of the competitions in the 4 event series, and Irwindale will be the final event. We'd like a big Viper contingency to cheer him on in this predominantly import-tuner crowd.

Roughly, the proposed plan is

Sat. Aug 28th:
- Drive to Irwindale (this is where we had the track events during the Long Beach Zone Rendezvous).
- Dinner w/Sam (optional) (Autographs, discussion about drifting, raffle prizes)
- Will have a block of rooms at a hotel there.

Sun: Aug 29th
- Drive to track
- Park in Viper Corral
- Mopar-sponsored tent/booth
- Lunch
- Watch the event
- Group photo with Sam

Still working on costs and details. If you are interested, advise us ASAP by return email so we can pass on how many SoCal Cars may attend.

[color:"green"]For the record, if any of you other SoKal Viper owners attend this event, you are either "gay", or "retarded", or quite possibly "both"... :fist:[/color]

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: You\'ve got to be kidding me...

SoCal Rebell said:
Com'on Gerald you're only 2 hours away, you know you wanna , you're a closet drifter just like I'm a closet Republican /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif I'm notta closet anything!

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts

Gerald - somebody needs to kidnap your ass and take you to that event. Drifting is very cool to watch. And to see a Viper out there smoking the ricers is totally cool. I saw it in person here in Houston a few months ago and was impressed.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

Hog Whisperer said:
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif How f'n stupid is that?
:stupid:

First time I've seen video of it - it's all over the current issue of Viper magazine. Rhetorical qx: are we Viper fans so hard-up for news of our "successes" in motorsports that we find this something to be proud of? I don't think so...
It's definitely not a "sport."

·
Banned
26,067 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts

I wish I was there. For all you old farts....Drifting is SSSOOOO much fun. The racing is awesome and the hot import chicks...we'll...yummy is the word that comes to mind.

Nothing like driving a viper with it's tail hanging out. I've started to learn to drift my viper...but I need some shorter gears and a little more power. Drifting, is the next drag raceing. It will be HUGE!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

Tanked said:
I wish I was there. For all you old farts....Drifting is SSSOOOO much fun. The racing is awesome and the hot import chicks...we'll...yummy is the word that comes to mind.
Lemme splain to you: Driftin' is for suck, as in NASCAR babes, ******* lovin', ma and pa and me goin' down to the race-track to see some serious tire-smokin' funn. It's buck-teeth, corn-pone, country or I'll kiss your ass-kissin' cousins entertainment for the masses.

Deinitely LCD.

Mopar should be ashamed to be sanctioning this POS form of low brow titillation.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts

Schillinger said:
It's a competition where people drive around the track while talking on cell phones.
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif :rofl:

There was something about this in Autoweek a couple of months ago. I actually took the time, to respond to the editor, with a letter about it.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts

Craig201MPH said:
drifting is just as gay as nascar
gay-er. The premise is to "drive" around a track in a manner that will actually yield worse times than if you were to drive it as it was meant to be driven. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

WAR WHO CAN BE THE FASTEST SLOW DRIVER (or something like that)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.