Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys It is time to tell a story. As many know there is a continued debate on Turbo's and Superchargers. well I am a Huge fan of the Blower set-up being I have been able to prove the cars are able to compete with the NOS Vipers on the drag strip. (being that I like to drag race) ALthough it has not as run as low as et as the NOS it has been consistant.

but since all the fuss about the HMS and Heffner Turbo projects (In which I have put both on the trailer with my blower car) Paolo has changed his blower hat to the Turbo hat. I felt it is my obligation to at least try something great with the Turbo side of things! (I am so excited just telling about this set-up)

The real debate is which is faster the Turbo or the Blower we needa real world comparison on the street and strip!

Many of you know that I purchased a second Viper Yellow and black stripes for a daily driver and it is bone stock. mnay of you wondered what would be the set-up for this car well so far I have added the HMS wing and the Elite carbon fiber interior kit and a killer sound system.
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/174P1010043-med.JPG[/image][image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/174P2270077-med.JPG[/image]

well now that I have two vipers I had to buy a nice tow rig in which i have the 04 Harley Davidson edition F250 diesel. it seemed a little sluggish and I was concerned pulling a viper for a long haul and I didnt want my Blower car to be pulled by something sluggish so I Added the edge Boost controller to my TURBO diesel and man what a difference. I think my Turbo diesel is faster than my stock Viper! you guys with diesel have to try one of these chips and boost controllers. It really makes the Turbo come alive.

Maybe Heffner and HMS can try one of these next time they race my blower car. Paolo maybe you should try one of these when you first start tuning. My Turbo diesel is smokin fast!!!!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Edge makes an awesome product. Just watch your EGT's when set on the highest setting. Not sure about the powerstrokes, but the cummins throw some high EGT's with modules set on the upper levels.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
David, that viper looks freakin' niiiice...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looking good!!! You are right the Diesels like those chips.

·
Premium Member
19,230 Posts
I just got the Diablo chip for my Powerstroke and am now awaiting the 4" exhaust to go along with it. They are saying on the boards that a pick up of 150+ RWHP and 250 RWTQ are a common increase in power /images/graemlins/thumb1 /images/graemlins/thumb1

Now although you are not to tow with the max power setting, it is easy to switch to a "towing" settings.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've got an Excursion 7.3 with 85HP chip, K&N Charger, 4" Mognaflow, Helwig sway bar and air lifts. I can beat up on the ricers at the stop light and give em a cab full of smoke while I'm at it!! I pull a 32' race trailer and the thing gets 12mpg! Gets near 19mpg just cruisin.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Those are my favorite wheels. I want those exact wheels except I want the centers powder coated black.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Put 38K miles on my Powestroke last year, usually hauling a 26' enclosed trialer to all the trade shows we do. Last month, I was 25,820 .lbs on the scales in Las Vegas. With the PowerChips set on 80, Bassani 4" exhaust and Magnum Force air intake, MPG was, best 15.8, worst 12.4!
Just absolutely amazing.
Put an air intake on it, you will again be amazed.
Check out www.aFefilters.com
Nothing beats a small car on the passengers side, when you tip into the boost and layer them in black soot!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
That's a beautiful car man - just what the Dr ordered

pun intended :rofl:

yes - diesels respond to some TLC pretty good - Banks puts out a package for the Cummins that takes the little 5.9 liter up to 450hp and 900 ft/lb - that is barn storming for a tow wagon pickup!!!!

re electronic boost control - yes - a really good unit like an HKS will really speed up spool time and boost - especially in 1st gear where it is normally a bit slower.. but in a Viper the tires would just laugh at you :nod:

throw in a Mark Williams rear end, some tubs and rear slicks - then ultra fast boost in first gear will produce some electric 60 foot times, of course it wouldn't exactly be a road course warrior after that /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Dr Roof said:
well guys It is time to tell a story. As many know there is a continued debate on Turbo's and Superchargers. well I am a Huge fan of the Blower set-up being I have been able to prove the cars are able to compete with the NOS Vipers on the drag strip. (being that I like to drag race) ALthough it has not as run as low as et as the NOS it has been consistant.

but since all the fuss about the HMS and Heffner Turbo projects (In which I have put both on the trailer with my blower car) Paolo has changed his blower hat to the Turbo hat. I felt it is my obligation to at least try something great with the Turbo side of things! (I am so excited just telling about this set-up)

The real debate is which is faster the Turbo or the Blower we needa real world comparison on the street and strip!

Many of you know that I purchased a second Viper Yellow and black stripes for a daily driver and it is bone stock. mnay of you wondered what would be the set-up for this car well so far I have added the HMS wing and the Elite carbon fiber interior kit and a killer sound system.
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/174P1010043-med.JPG[/image][image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/174P2270077-med.JPG[/image]

well now that I have two vipers I had to buy a nice tow rig in which i have the 04 Harley Davidson edition F250 diesel. it seemed a little sluggish and I was concerned pulling a viper for a long haul and I didnt want my Blower car to be pulled by something sluggish so I Added the edge Boost controller to my TURBO diesel and man what a difference. I think my Turbo diesel is faster than my stock Viper! you guys with diesel have to try one of these chips and boost controllers. It really makes the Turbo come alive.

Maybe Heffner and HMS can try one of these next time they race my blower car. Paolo maybe you should try one of these when you first start tuning. My Turbo diesel is smokin fast!!!!
Roof I ordered the same thing today should have it Tuesday or Wed. I can't wait.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
David you are such a cock tease, I thought you were going to say that the bumble bee has a TT setup /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL

MOUNDIR and Bad VPR

You guys made my day!

I tried to make the post seem that way and no one got the real meaning until you guys showed up! LOL

Im serious about the truck though that thing is wicked for a Big truck!

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
I know, I rode in the truck and it pulled harder than most stock vipers that I have been in /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
yea David, I thought you were going to say that you were going to get or had your jellow viper TT'd and was ready to roll. You got all of us on this one or are you, no you like your S/C to much. I think if you ever loose the edge with your S/C you might look at another set up but for now I think that you are 100% S/C Dr. Roof.

Rohn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts