Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from West Coast Viper and I am a happy man. First I have added Stop Tech brakes, and then I had them add the Moroso front muffler, the Ultraflow side mufflers and the some Spintech rears (not sure if that is how you spell it, as I hadn't heard of the brand until today.) The FlowMasters would not fit due to my rear diffuser. Anyway, the car sounds really good and is back down to a very manageable sound level. The waste gates are almost louder than the exhaust! Wooooo Hooooooooo!

On another note, I dropped off my red RT-10 at West Coast Viper to have it "LIFTED" one inch. Am I Anti-Viper 'mods man' or what?

-Manny

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Great news :nod: - the car will be so much more enjoyable now and you won't go deaf /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
wuss /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
DChan415 said:
What wastegates?
Dan I think Manny was referring to his Blow Off Valve.

Mannny glad to hear it all worked out !! Now the neighbors don't need to file that petition /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
Gerald said:
wuss /images/graemlins/smiles
More like Puss to me /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Actually Manny called me at 2am my time while cruising at a 100mph and I didnt believe he was in his car /images/graemlins/dunno

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Spin Techs on a Viper? I've used them before on our shop Dakota, sound really good. They are used mostly in NASCAR and in old school hot rods.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Damn punk called me at 1:30 and I was just getting into bed. I was like "WTF is calling me at this hour" Right away I said "Damn Moundir!" hah!

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
Gerald said:
Damn punk called me at 1:30 and I was just getting into bed. I was like "WTF is calling me at this hour" Right away I said "Damn Moundir!" hah!
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif Fucking cali guys what do you expect /images/graemlins/soapbox.gif Call his ass at 8am our time, he ought to like that :slap:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't get me wrong, the car is not 'stock' quiet, but it sound so much more pleasant. As it is now it sound tough, but not so loud that somebody 100 yards away is going to turn to see what is making the sound, like it did before.

Sorry about calling late, but I know you guys (Mike and Gerald) stay up until the wee hours.

Jeff, yep I meant blow off valves -- was late, was excited, goofed up.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
This post is useless without a video or sound clip.

P.S. - And don't post some audio file of the car idling, I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!! I WANT TO HEAR IT ROAR!

:dance:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Damnit Manny. It's guys like you keeping my car under wraps at west coast...Quit spending money so they can finish my car!! i saw your car the other day. How did the rear wing go? You need to slow down!!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BYTUL8R said:
Damnit Manny. It's guys like you keeping my car under wraps at west coast...Quit spending money so they can finish my car!! i saw your car the other day. How did the rear wing go? You need to slow down!!
I didn't break the wing. It held up fine for me during 7 runs at over 170 MPH every time. Then somehow it breaks at the shop. Murphy's law? I need to give Autoform a call, as there are a couple questions I have about this street coupe kit.

BTW, when your car is done, please bring it by my place -- you need to give me a spin in it :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Future Owner said:
Any idea how much power you lost? Did you put it on the dyno at WCV?
Well, you know how Dynos are -- one day you have this much power, and the next day without any changes, you have THAT much power. Here are the numbers from the three separate dyno pulls done to the car:

1. Dyno in Florida w/o cats and mid 80's temp came in at 883 RWHP.
2. Dyno in California w/ cats at around same temp came in at 863 RWHP.
3. Dyno done yesterday morning on cool day w/o cats but WITH 3 muffler sets came in at 860 RWHP.

The day was cooler yesterday than previous dyno days, so I would think it would make a bit more power than it would on a warmer day, but then again I had added the mufflers which did pull some power.

In all, the car is WAAAAAAAAAY more quiet and pleasant to drive. Car is dirty as hell right now so need to go wash it, so I don't want to see any posts about seeing a ditry black Viper and how the owner should be shot for allowing such a vehicle to fall into such disarray.

-M

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Put your speedos on and turn up that Madonna tune you always keep going on about, BRO!

Hey, it's ok, it's SUBWAY /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
185 Posts
Manny_C said:
Just got my car back from West Coast Viper and I am a happy man. First I have added Stop Tech brakes, and then I had them add the Moroso front muffler, the Ultraflow side mufflers and the some Spintech rears (not sure if that is how you spell it, as I hadn't heard of the brand until today.) The FlowMasters would not fit due to my rear diffuser. Anyway, the car sounds really good and is back down to a very manageable sound level. The waste gates are almost louder than the exhaust! Wooooo Hooooooooo!

On another note, I dropped off my red RT-10 at West Coast Viper to have it "LIFTED" one inch. Am I Anti-Viper 'mods man' or what?

-Manny
Awesome...congrats Manny.....do you have the Twin Turbo? I forgot as you mentioned here about the wastegates

1 - 20 of 23 Posts