Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The e-mail I sent to Corsa Performance:

The rear support bracket for my system has two tabs that attach to studs on the cannisters. Both tabs have separated at the weld from the
half-inch stainless steel bar of the bracket. The entire rear of the system
is now supported by the rear fascia (at the hole through which the exhaust
tips go). The exhaust system is a cat-back for a 2001 Viper GTS.

Can you help me?

They are sending me a new bracket. They say they've never had this problem brought to their attention before.

But I didn't want to wait that long, so I removed the bracket and tabs, brought them to work, had one of the guys do some heavy duty (and attractive) welding, and they reinstalled the whole thing. I'm back in business with a spare bracket on the way.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Spare bracket? That shouldn't happen even once in a lifetime! At least they honored your claim.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you're right. The guy here at work put down a beautiful bead on both sides of the tabs. It'll never break at the weld again. The original bracket was only welded on one side of the tab and the weld bead was very small. I want to take a look at another bracket (the one I'll receive soon) to see if it is fabricated the same way or if there was a quality problem. I'll probably contact Corsa either way. (Like I need these little self imposed projects.)

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Corsa has had different problems with a few of their systems for different cars.

A lot of the F-body guy have corsa's and the mufflers keep going out on them. Some guys have replace them up to 3 times within a year. By then they just get fed up and go with another company.

Seems like Corsa's quality control is not quite up to snuff.

·
Registered
383 Posts
How can a muffler go out on an F Body when a Corsa doesn't have any packing? I am curious, as we have never had a problem with any Corsas we installed, and the GM Dealer near us does a ton on Vettes and I know he is in the same boat - problem free. I know of one customer that had a minor issue with fitment ( shipped system to him ), and they sent a whole new system out to him, and just asked him to send them back the old one. We use their systems almost completely due to their quick service and quality, and DC uses them on the Comp Coupes. They obviously wanted to help this gentleman out also, and I think alot of folks will stand up for them on the issue of service and quality.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I got my replacement bracket from Corsa yesterday and it's just as I suspected. The bracket with failed tab welds had a small weld bead on only one side of the tab while the new bracket I received has a bigger bead and on both sides of the tab. I'll notify Corsa....... just because.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts