Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ponzi scheme yes; one could definitely put it that way.

I am just stating from personal observation of what's really going on over there. They still owe me money (thankfully it is a small amount <$5000) and I really doubt I'll ever see any of that money back. They are just perpetually broke and only have the money to fund projects in their backlog when someone places a new order. So when you place an order with RSI, you're funneling cash into a previous project.

I really wish they could get their act straightened out over there but unless they had a big infusion of cash that will never happen.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Rob peter, seth, steve, Michael and many more to pay paul.....
Lol, so true. I guarantee you this Will is not broke. The company may be but people like him have a pretty healthy nest egg somewhere, and it's not in the bank where the law can get to it. So who else around here is getting ready to send him a big ass deposit?? Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stopped by their new shop location in Plano and they had a ton of cars there. I would say easily 25-30 cars inside the warehouse area. They were installing a turbo kit on a brand new car that was orange/black.

None of the employees have extravagant lifestyles - so they're not sucking cash out of the business to fund personal shenanigans.

I am guessing they are just taking in cash trying to catch up on their huge backlog of projects they've taken in over the past few years. Either way its not right. The sadness is the filing suit or attempting legal action will do nothing but shut their doors. You know the saying - "can't get blood from a turnip" holds true here.

I've tried to bite my tongue for a very long time (3 years now) in the hope that saying nothing would get some of my money back. I promised that if I ever got my money back I would disclose as much as I can about the true nature of their business and what's really going on over there.

- A.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Taking money with no intention of delivering a product is criminal FYI. How do shops like this exist in this day and age of Social media and the internet search features? Also how does a customer leave his car at a shop for 2 years and not throw in the towel? You could build a car from the ground up in 2 years...What the fuck is wrong with people to tolerate this shit?

Out of all the Viper owners Im sure there are a few goombas that would put this dude 6 feet under if he screwed them over..

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
Taking money with no intention of delivering a product is criminal FYI.
I'm curious how you've come to state seemingly as a known fact, that RSI never intended to deliver a product on these transactions. That is a strong accusation.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm curious how you've come to state seemingly as a known fact, that RSI never intended to deliver a product on these transactions. That is a strong accusation.
It's based on a pattern based on all of the allegations. If a person is taking $$$$ from someone knowing that money will be spent on overhead or past builds that have backed up as a result of mismanagement then you have probable cause to file charges of theft by deception,at least in NJ you would. It is the same basis as writing checks you know have no money in the bank to back up.. If he takes YOUR money for an exhaust and utilizes it to finally pay me back for parts he did not deliver, then he should not be taking a deposit from you with false promises of delivering product. Eventually the pozie scheme with have a broken link in the chain amd the whole shit will come crumbling down.

Reactions: dave6666

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
But but
he does a phenomenal job once he works on your car"
the quality is there you just have to wait a month or two or years

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
It's based on a pattern based on all of the allegations. If a person is taking $$$$ from someone knowing that money will be spent on overhead or past builds that have backed up as a result of mismanagement then you have probable cause to file charges of theft by deception,at least in NJ you would. It is the same basis as writing checks you know have no money in the bank to back up.. If he takes YOUR money for an exhaust and utilizes it to finally pay me back for parts he did not deliver, then he should not be taking a deposit from you with false promises of delivering product. Eventually the pozie scheme with have a broken link in the chain amd the whole shit will come crumbling down.
Understood in concept, but proving it would be difficult.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Understood in concept, but proving it would be difficult.
Not at all really. Probable cause for criminal charges is easy to establish. 2 or 3 vicitms of his shenanigans would suffice. Proving beyond a reasonable doubt would require a subpoena and in depth investigation into his banuking records amd finances. Becomes easier if he planned on filing bankruptcy and kept taking people's deposits and delivering no product.

Most likely his actions are not criminal yet but should be looked at by someone who could better make that determination. Stringing someone along for several months or years is sketchy..

·
Registered
412 Posts
But but
he does a phenomenal job once he works on your car"
the quality is there you just have to wait a month or two or years
2 years to install a turbo kit? Lol...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Somehow I see the Obamacare website having some role in all this....

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
Id be willing to bet Will's intention is not to screw people over.

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
Not at all really. Probable cause for criminal charges is easy to establish. 2 or 3 vicitms of his shenanigans would suffice. Proving beyond a reasonable doubt would require a subpoena and in depth investigation into his banuking records amd finances. Becomes easier if he planned on filing bankruptcy and kept taking people's deposits and delivering no product.

Most likely his actions are not criminal yet but should be looked at by someone who could better make that determination. Stringing someone along for several months or years is sketchy..
You're showing up late to several threads here lately. Get up to speed first, before posting ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
You're showing up late to several threads here lately. Get up to speed first, before posting ;)
I might be new to the thread but not new to the game..I have seen these threads on multiple forums, and usually all the factual dirty laundry is aired out on the first page. Taking people money and delaying orders and not having the money available to finish the job is nothing new...

I dont know either party and could care less of the outcome, however reading the first page and several threads like this are enough to make me not give RSI my money ever. Im a little less understanding and if someone took $16000 of my money, I would be taking a road trip with ill intentions..

61 - 80 of 91 Posts