Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In March of 2014, my brother who operates an auto shop overseas made a mistake by ordering some products from RSI. He was promised that the order will be ready to ship within 2 weeks after his payment is received so he was quick at wiring the amount $6.5K. Keep in mind, that this purchase is made for a customer, not personal. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10... weeks pass and no word from RSI. They simply ignore dozens of international phone calls or simply give us the same message “Will is tied up right now, he will call you back…” with no call back and of course ignore all the emails. After doing minimal research online, I knew that dealing with RSI was a huge mistake and we will regret it, and I was right.
I then decided to contact Will myself figured it easier to communicate when we are in the same timezone, even the same state, but got to quickly realize what my brother has been talking about when it comes to ignoring calls and getting lame excuses on why the order didn’t ship yet. Dozens of calls later on september 4th Will said that he would call me within 24 hours with a final answer, and if he didn’t have an exact shipping date, he would issue me a full refund. I made sure to tell him over and over again, do not leave me hanging, whether its good or bad news, just please call me back, thats not much to ask. Too good to be true? Sure was. Multiple days pass and no call back. When I called again he was of course “tied up”.
I started dealing with Jason which he seemed much more understanding and willing to help. I was given the run around for another week then I was told the headers were in but the collectors were lost and would need another month to 2 months to get them. When we informed our customer of this news he immediately asked for a full refund on his deposit and caused us a major scene in the store. We had no choice but to give him his refund and ask for a refund from RSI. This happened almost 2 weeks ago. Since then, I have been calling RSI almost every day and getting no where with them. Will is always tied up and he is the only one (to my understanding) that can issue refunds. Of course during that time I was promised about 10 times that I would get a call back. Same thing happened this morning and I was promised again he would call me back tonight but I have been fooled by their promises way too many times and I am really fed up of their B.S.

I honestly don’t understand how someone can stay in business with this attitude and customer service. So we are down 6.5 grand, we have a very mad customer who was popin in the store every other day asking questions we do not have answers for and causing a scene and then walked off, probably never returning and our excellent reputation is declining because of RSI.
Way to go RSI, keeping proving that ur BBB rating is no lie :down::down::down:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a good friend of mine in a situation with RSI close to 2 years now, his Supercharged 06 SRT viper has been sitting there with false promises of completion. All you guys need to get together, hire an attorney and take legal action. I think there is enough people getting screwed over that would gladly join the cause. I will try to get him to start a thread and see who wants in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep telling everyoneone I know that has dealt with RSI to file a deceptive practices form with the Texas State Attorney General's office.

Link
Will do, thank you sir.

I have a good friend of mine in a situation with RSI close to 2 years now, his Supercharged 06 SRT viper has been sitting there with false promises of completion. All you guys need to get together, hire an attorney and take legal action. I think there is enough people getting screwed over that would gladly join the cause. I will try to get him to start a thread and see who wants in.
Agreed and please do, I am ready.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I've been dealing with RSI for 2.5 yrs....I'm pretty pissed at this point. This has ruined the Viper for me. I used to be the biggest Viper nut I know. Now....I want nothing to do with the cars and have sold them all at a loss.

·
Premium Member
9,940 Posts
As I've said before, RSI needs what seems to be a few 100K to get everything caught up to where they can operate in the positive again. Even then, the Viper scene isn't what it was 10-15 years ago and compared to the backing of Ford and GM products, the Viper aftermarket support is little to none besides a few select vendors/shops.

The Viper is a great car that unfortunately is thrown under the bus by it's own lack of aftermarket/reputable tuners.

:twocents:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Wow this is insane. ...
we all know what needs to be done!!

I HOPE everyone gets together and takes legal action

lets keep this thread clean ( it is hard i know)

Will you should really be ashamed of yourself man

·
Registered
806 Posts
File suit is not gonna do much. You probably won't get any money but you could probably shut him down. He has some good products, I know I have one, but his production and efficiency is not where it needs to be.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I used RSI. Had my car for 3 years and 1 of those years it was spent at RSI. My new car will be going to Dallas Performance.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts