Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Xbox game team paid me a visit.

2K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  NOITALL 
#1 ·
They asked if I would be willing to let them photograph my ACR for a upcoming video game. I said "HELL YEA!"

So they came by and took the pics. It took all of 45min. I get a copy of Halo2 and I forgot the name of the other two games. One of them will be coming out by Christmas. It's a GT3 clone game. The guy I was talking to was a beta tester for it and said it makes GT3 look like Sega GT. :bowdown:

Sounds like it should be killer.

The game that my acr will be in he couldn't tell me the name or anything about it...but said it should be a good game too. Well see. I also get a copy of all the pictures. Should be neat. I can't wait to get my copy of Halo2.

#27 ·
GT4 will have 500+ cars which is awesome....and the physics engine that GT4 will run on is quite simply in its own universe. NO other game can even hold a candle to the realism of GT4....GT4 will have ALL those cars and over 500 more

Anthony

#28 ·
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:
GT4 will have 500+ cars which is awesome....and the physics engine that GT4 will run on is quite simply in its own universe. NO other game can even hold a candle to the realism of GT4....GT4 will have ALL those cars and over 500 more

Anthony
Anyone know if a PC version will be coming out as well?

#29 ·
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:

Anthony
500 cars yes but how many of those would you actually want to buy and race? Not 500. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif A lot of the cars are econoboxes like Yaris's etc. Why would you want a Yaris? This is a game, you'd want to do what you can't do in real life. Viper owners can afford a damn Yaris, but can we afford Viper CC's? Not a lot of us can.

Physics in its own universe? I summon you to play GTR on PC and then tell me what you think.

#30 ·
Toby said:
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:

Anthony
Highly doubt it, doesn't make a lot of sense if you are Sony. For those that want GT4 and have no playstation but have a computer they have no reason to buy the playstation. Not to mention it sounds like they are going to bundle GT4 with the new version of the PS2. Although a pc version would kick ass.

#32 ·
Toby said:
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:

Anthony
Toby,

I hate saying this but somethings are IN FACT better on the Console than on the PC.

PC: FPS, RTS and 3rd Person Shooters

Console: Driving, Flying, sports games.

Personally, if it ain't Halo, Doom3, PainKiller, MOHAA or Call of Duty I'll pass

Jay K.

#33 ·
Viper4life said:
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:

Anthony
500 cars yes but how many of those would you actually want to buy and race? Not 500. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif A lot of the cars are econoboxes like Yaris's etc. Why would you want a Yaris? This is a game, you'd want to do what you can't do in real life. Viper owners can afford a damn Yaris, but can we afford Viper CC's? Not a lot of us can.

Physics in its own universe? I summon you to play GTR on PC and then tell me what you think.
The sound alone in the beta was enough to get me hooked. I just hope they can find a distributor here in the states. That is one game I will gladly pay for.

#34 ·
JGK95 said:
Toby said:
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:

Anthony
Toby,

I hate saying this but somethings are IN FACT better on the Console than on the PC.

PC: FPS, RTS and 3rd Person Shooters

Console: Driving, Flying, sports games.

Personally, if it ain't Halo, Doom3, PainKiller, MOHAA or Call of Duty I'll pass

Jay K.
The only console racing game that was even close to a sim is the GT series, every other console racing game is aimed at the 5 minute attention span crowd. Just try Gran prix legends, F1 2002, F1C, GTR or Live for speed you will see what I mean.

#36 ·
Console games have come along way in the last few years.

As far as the physics go in GT3....ummm it would be much more realistic if the cars could wreck...and get banged up.

PC Versions. I never thought to ask. I've got the Xbox hooked upto a 65" widescreen and a monster sound system that shakes the house. It's great for pissing off the the neibors...halo rules.

#37 ·
Craig201MPH said:
BigBossMGS said:
Forza will own GT4.

Latest article here:
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/548/548311p1.html?fromint=1

Heres a very brief list of a few of the cars in the game.

Dodge SRT-4
Honda Civic Type R
Volkswagen Golf R32
Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
Hyundai Tiburon GT
Toyota Celica GTS
Acura NSX
Nissan Skyline R34 STR
Lancer Evolution VIII
Subaru WRX STi
Nissan 350Z
Toyota Supra Turbo
Dodge Viper ACR
Chevrolet Corvette C6
Audi DS6 Sedan
Ferrari 360 Modena
Porsche 911 GT3
TVR Tuscan S
Panoz LMP
Audi Infineon R8
BMW V12 LMP
Cadillac LMP
Ferrari F333 SP
Toyota GT-One
Keep dreaming, gran turismo has had 4 generations now to develop physics models and pretty much perfect the game. GT4 will be better simply because the XBOX controller is absolute shit.
Well said Craig, I was hoping you would chime in with your :twocents: GT4 will be absolutely amazing. We should pull up your threads you started about it and post it here. There are OVER 700 vehicles, I can't wait to get my hands on my reserved copy.

#38 ·
Craig201MPH said:
Keep dreaming, gran turismo has had 4 generations now to develop physics models and pretty much perfect the game. GT4 will be better simply because the XBOX controller is absolute shit.

It may be, and since the GT series is king of racing sims, whos not a fanboy these days? And I actually prefer the XBOX controller over the PS2 controller. Which is why I set my PS2 controls like XBOX controls for racing games.

Whats so realistic about driving a car 200+ mph hitting a wall and bouncing off without a scratch, wow, very realistic. The physics in GT3 were somewhat good, even still, you could do little tweaks and make your cars do wheelies that go 800+mph. Again, very realistic. GT3 was a good game, just not THAT good.

GT4 also will have over 500 cars. Forza will only have about 250 at the most. Even still, Forza has Ferrari and Porsche and hopefully Lamborghini(doubt it though). Not to mention being able to fully customize your car.

Still, since both games haven't been released, only time will tell which game is trully the best.

Anyone like Ferrari? Heres whats official in Forza:

1984 Ferrari 288GTO
1997 Honda NSX-R
2004 Honda NSX-R
2002 Lotus Esprit V8
2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R
2003 Dodge Viper SRT10 (top up)
1993 Ferrari 512TR
2004 Ferrari 360 Modena F1
1998 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta F1 hardtop
1998 Ferrari F355 Challenge
2004 Ferrari 360 CS (Challenge Stradale)
2005 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 Coupe
2003 Porsche 911 (996) GT3
1995 Porsche 911 (993) GT2
1999 Shelby Series 1
2001 TVR Tuscan R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.