Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the airbag module recall completed... got my 2006 Roadster back, and the turn signals don't cancel... and my wiper and radio intermittently stop working. I went to drive today and neither worked...checked all the fuses...no go... checked the plug in the column... it was good, pulled the radio out to check the in-line fuse...it was good....decided to try hot connecting the two sides of the radio power inline fuse and turned the ignition switch....nothing... then all of a sudden the wipers started "wiping" (I had left them in an on position inadvertently)... I checked the radio again and now it's working....... put it all back together and all is still working... GRRRRRRRR... I despise problems that I cannot find it and correct it.

Any ideas from the Viper Community? My Viper has a mere 42,000 miles.... get's driven rarely.... I keep it on a battery tender mostly...is there some "hibernation mode" that I am not recalling that is messing with me...could it be a common ground somewhere? Any thoughts appreciated.... Lance

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
So I had the airbag module recall completed... got my 2006 Roadster back, and the turn signals don't cancel... and my wiper and radio intermittently stop working. I went to drive today and neither worked...checked all the fuses...no go... checked the plug in the column... it was good, pulled the radio out to check the in-line fuse...it was good....decided to try hot connecting the two sides of the radio power inline fuse and turned the ignition switch....nothing... then all of a sudden the wipers started "wiping" (I had left them in an on position inadvertently)... I checked the radio again and now it's working....... put it all back together and all is still working... GRRRRRRRR... I despise problems that I cannot find it and correct it.

Any ideas from the Viper Community? My Viper has a mere 42,000 miles.... get's driven rarely.... I keep it on a battery tender mostly...is there some "hibernation mode" that I am not recalling that is messing with me...could it be a common ground somewhere? Any thoughts appreciated.... Lance
I did a quick look and I see no common ground between radio and wipers. People report weird intermittent results when the multi-function switch on the column fails. The commonality might be mechanical there instead of electrical. Just guessing.
Someone posted a download link to pdf of 2005 Service manuals online. Here is that link that starts the download process. It
is a big file ( 34 megabytes ) Viper_2003-2007.zip

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ever thought about buying a gen 1 and being done with all the nanny crap, like good sounding radios, airbags and computer controlled everything?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts