Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Not to mention... a 97 GTS with a Gen I hood?
Can you say "salvage"? But it gets worse.

Look at how badly the hood lines up with the door in the bottom left picture:

http://mtg.homeunix.com/viper/carwash.php

And no need to mention what's wrong with the roof in that picture... :ugh:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Nice neighborhood. YEEEEHHHAAAAWWWWWWWW

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
I have no problems with salvage Vipers. That's how I got my first one. Finished the car for 39K Cdn (retail at the time was 65K which I couldn't afford). I drove the car for 4 years and sold it for 40K. If it's done right, a salvage Viper is a good way to start out as long as you don't expect good resale value in the end.

The heads up display I could do without though. There is no place for ricer gimmicks in a Viper. Period.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Actually I would bet the hood is a fiberglass hood. the race hoods are gen1 style hoods. My car has a "gen1" hood and it's far from salvage....most serious race vipers have this style hood

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Holy shit, I just realized that I know that guy /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

He just bought that car about a month or so ago, paid like $40k for it. I see him driving it all over town. As to why he would have bought a salvaged viper, I have no clue /images/graemlins/dunno

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
BYTUL8R said:
Actually I would bet the hood is a fiberglass hood. the race hoods are gen1 style hoods. My car has a "gen1" hood and it's far from salvage....most serious race vipers have this style hood
Perhaps. But from the photos, the fitment appears to be pretty bad.
Or maybe it's because he's letting people lay all over it, LOL...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really like the HUD, had one in my Z28, Cobra and now the Viper. The only real problem with them is the image displays on both sides of the glass (One is pretty dim, the other bright) but its not hard to read.

Also, the viper is not salvage and has not been wrecked, the hood was taken off the car before it was repo'd from the previous owner then the car lot that got it put the wrong hood on, soon as I get a little cash I'm going to put a CF hood on and repaint the car (Still red).

And as for where I live? I'm only 24, I can't really buy a house AND viper at the same time, but rent here is dirt cheap and its a good location with dirt cheap rent, garage, etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
McGuireV10 said:
BYTUL8R said:
Perhaps. But from the photos, the fitment appears to be pretty bad.
Or maybe it's because he's letting people lay all over it, LOL...
And letting people lay on it doesn't really matter with the current condition of the paint job, it looks like it has been a outdoor car for a good part of its life.

I'll be repainting it later this year.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
They appear to be washing the car quit diligently.

I wonder if they cleaned the antennae real good. /images/graemlins/devil

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Term - Very nice Idahoan Bewbage carwash pics on your website!! Especially the hottie in the Hawaiian print bikini top!!! The heavily inked chickie has some nice pierced nips too!! /images/graemlins/smiles I bet the piercings don't end there with this chick. :nod: Where are the rest of the pics?? Got Soup!? /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles

1 - 17 of 17 Posts