Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Is that 900 HP "at the crank" also?
yep, its crank they do have one in hot rod this month making over 1000 at the crank with the bigger blower Bell cam out with. 3.6l i think?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm surprised a TS fits under that hood.

I too am calling BS on the 900 hp if that's at the wheels. If it is making that kind of power, it's probably on C16 or even nitro-methane!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Lolz, you guys think it's BS, for real? There are a few making 900+ at the wheels.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7cc_U2FB00]YouTube - 900 RWHP Dodge SRT8 Challenger by RDP Motorsport USA[/ame]

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
The SRT6.1 is a nice engine, but comparing it to an LS7 is a stretch. 900rwhp is definitely do-able with the right mods and boost.

But an LS7 is all over the 6.1 from stock to mod for mod, in fact once you go to aftermarket blocks and heads the gap widens. Tom Nelson can crank 1500rwhp on an LS platform in a street car (on C16). You'd need a 1-off custom block and 1-off custom heads to do that on a 6.1 platform.

Suffice to say the hemi is a nice engine but whoever thinks its an LS killer is dreaming

·
Registered
626 Posts
That's because everyone and their mom has an lsx. The 6.4 hemi should equal the ls7 stock for stock.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
That's because everyone and their mom has an lsx. The 6.4 hemi should equal the ls7 stock for stock.
I guess we will see ;-) The 426 strokers make good torque but won't spin up like an LS and therefore have less hp potential. The LS style heads are hard to beat - and it is not just because of the high flow.

Also, the iron block of the SRT is worth a good 25hp over the LS7 block. Apples to apples would be an LSX block LS7 and you'd see another 25hp over the alloy block (estimate).

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts
No space for big tires, I even crawled under one to possibly buy it and walked because of lack of tire space. All that HP and spinnage on smaller tires.

·
03 UGR TT & 98 GTS ROE
64 Posts
No space for big tires, I even crawled under one to possibly buy it and walked because of lack of tire space. All that HP and spinnage on smaller tires.

Mine has 315/35/20 invo's on the back,and 20x11 Iforged wheels and fit great.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Mine has 315/35/20 invo's on the back,and 20x11 Iforged wheels and fit great.
Yep, mine too. CCW made me a set that just fit in there. i just finished up the blower install, so i will shoot some pics tonight and post em up tomorrow.

it runs great with the blower, the only problem now is the power level is exceeding what the rear end and torque coverter can handle,

21 - 33 of 33 Posts