Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as if it was just yesterday that the only 9 second passes was done with Huge shots of NOS. It seems Like Texas ruled the 9 second Club. Then Tom Welch Joined them from Florida and it seemed as the Forced induction guys where left struggling in the 10's.

At the same time there was no drag racing for Viper Only Events to push the limits further. The only people making Real Progress was those who had local access to Tracks.

This is when the V-10 Nationals steps to the plate. At first it seemed that the Nos guys would dominate the series but Jason Heffner Bridged the gap to the 9's with his World Record Blower only Run. Giving many hope especially me that the 9 second club is possible.

It wasn't long after that Dec 7-8 that I was able to join him and what a feeling! at this point we realized that the race was On!

In Florida is where Reality sets in. this event welcomed 5 new Viper owners to the 9 second Club!!! to me this is incredible! Not only did they join the club they leveled the playing field! This makes for a great racing!

Several World Records have been obtained in the V-10 Nationals series:

All motor record SW's RSI tuned Bowling Green 10.01
Blower Only David Boggs DLM Tuned San Antonio 9.87
Blower Ony High MPH "" "" 151 MPH
Twin Turbo Bowling Green HMS 9.81
Twin Turbos Florida Sal P Heffner 9.72
Blower Only Florida David Boggs DLM Tuned 9.63
Blower NOS combo Florida Jason Styles RSI 9.52
Roe SUpercharger set-up Tony Armour 9.85

Pilots ET Tom Welch BTR performance 10.43
Best 60 ft time Pilots Dr. Felipe Norena 1.482

These accomplishments raises the bar for everyone!

New Members to the 9 second Club:
Jasson Heffner / Sal P 9.77
Tony Armour 9.85
Doug Levin 9.81
Jason Styles 9.52
Blown GTS 9.7?

Congrats to all for these accomplishments! It only gets better from here.

V-10 Nationals Next stop: Bowling Green, KY April 16-17

See you there

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Hrrrrmmmmmm....."9.72" for the Heffner TT Viper! /images/graemlins/wink

Congrats to everyone on the new records! /images/graemlins/thumb1

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The Heffner TT car is bone stock other than the turbos and the B&B catback exhaust system. It even has the stock rockers. As a matter of fact, I don't even think the valve covers have ever been off that car.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
GaryA said:
The Heffner TT car is bone stock other than the turbos and the B&B catback exhaust system. It even has the stock roller rockers. As a matter of fact, I don't even think the valve covers have ever been off that car.
The amazing thing Gary is that this is the slowest twin turbo package Jason offers. There is nothing he could take off it or reduce it by - this is the basic and first prototype package, it can only be improved on or reproduced.

So sorry guys - if you want an entry level twin tubo setup - a 9.72 second car potential (in fact it will run faster yet) is what you'll have to put up with. I think Jason should call it a Stage 1. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Those who want a Stage 4++ might like to start thinking about what their Viper will look like with a rear mounted parachute. :nod:

/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Of this we can be sure - while many firms will plateau - Heffner Performance is on the rise. The guy not only has ability, integrity, business acumen and people skills, he also has vision - thats an unbeatable combination in my book.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
That Heffner TT looked sweet.. So quiet. I bet you'd get all the races you want on the street. God knows I don't.

Hats off to Heffner for having track side service. Without him I would have had to walk home , and that wasn't gonna happen. He's actually a pretty nice guy after all /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
723 Posts
a stock motor viper in the nines! I was getting tired of all the supra owners, saying how a stock block can handle so much. can't wait to tell them about this.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Didn't SW have one of the records at Bowling Green with a 60ft. time. I'm wanting to say 1.4 something?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
I heard that the Bradenton track was perfectly prepped and that they VHT'd it a few times during the event as far out as the 330 ft. mark. This is the kind of prep we need at each event. And I am sure that Dr. Roof will work with the tracks to make sure that it is consistent. Some of you guys should post your time slips, I would love to see some of the better 60 ft. times for the last event.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
The most boost we have run so far has been 14 psi (9.88 @ 152.2) and 13 psi (9.75 @ 148.7). Depending on the set-up, we could run pump gas at the track but race gas is good insurance to protect against bad pump gas. Anyone running a fast boosted viper would be crazy not to use some race gas at the track.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
John

The race gas comment is an important note! I always put 2 gallons of High octane ruel when I race my car. You never know what you are getting somewhere. a few gallons of race fuel is great insurance!

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
John Hennessey said:
I heard that the Bradenton track was perfectly prepped and that they VHT'd it a few times during the event as far out as the 330 ft. mark. This is the kind of prep we need at each event. And I am sure that Dr. Roof will work with the tracks to make sure that it is consistent. Some of you guys should post your time slips, I would love to see some of the better 60 ft. times for the last event.
That track was used for testing just the prior weekend by John Force and other "big guys" to get ready for the upcoming season.

I would think that it would have still been in very good shape when the Vipers hit the track too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.