Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock No Index Can only run filters and exhaust

Street class 11.00 - up

Super Pro Street 10.00 - Up

Unlimited 9.50 - Up

Unlimited Pro 9.49 - faster Run what you Brung Must be a V-10

My concern is the unlimited class. It has taken all year to get a good amount of cars to fill this class on a regular basis. Now we are faced with splitting it and Im not sure that is exactly fair. When people go faster they should not be forced into a new class because they are so far in front.

I think all the classes got faster so the Index will show that for the 05 season. this is just a beginning and no way final at this point. Lets work together to make it fair for all parties. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
You're right, you have to start somehwere.

I'll discuss my class and others can discuss their's. Those classes seem to make sense but I notice Unltd went from faster than 9.90 to 9.50 - 9.99. Is that really what you want for Unltd? Unltd shouldget quicker, not slower, IMO.

I see:

Stock: filters, exhaust, any tire

11.0 class

10.25 class

9.50 class

Unltd: V-10, IRS, T-56 (will be low 9, high 8 soon enough)

Unltd Pro: V-10, IRS (will be low 8, high 7 soon enough :lol: )

Just some ideas to consider.

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Hey David,
Looks good, But define exhaust for the stock class. Is that headers and Cat back? I would make the Pro Street 9.90-10.99, gives me something to shoot for :thumb: :thumb:

Hey, any word on the final points standings for this year? :cool: :cool: :cool:

I don't want to bestow the title of "King of the V-10 Nats" on myself prematurely :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
That's funny Mike, cuz the only person I'm shooting for is you.... ( I need practice! )

G

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
99 RT/10 said:
I don't want to bestow the title of "King of the V-10 Nats" on myself prematurely :bigsmile:

Damn, it's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong winter. :slap:

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
Looks good to me David ...although I think we should have an all stock class 12.0 and up....smooth tubes only (ACR) had them. Pilots only and NO mods.....that way we can get some stockers hooked on racing and may be they will move into other classes with time. There is no way for a stock to get down to bottom of the 11.0 class.

I think it would be fun to watch some people race for first time ...it would be like pee wee football. I also believe this a way to get some of those stock ones out the parking lot and onto the track.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I also think the Stock class should be just that - stock. No mods of any kind. No filters, no smooth tubes, no exhaust, or tires. 100% stock cars. And, yes, you probably will attract a larger number of guys with stock cars who want to give drag racing a shot. I don't think this class should be indexed because you may be preventing better drivers from putting their cars into 11s. If it's possible to put a stock Viper into high 11s, why fuck with a 12 second index.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Cudaman said:
Tony are you going to have to slow down to stay in your class? or is it unlimited pro for U. :smiles:

If the break is 9.50 hmmmm, I don't plan on stopping there :nod:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1TONY1 said:
If the break is 9.50 hmmmm, I don't plan on stopping there :nod:
Tony

You going to freshen up that motor? You have a gazillion miles on it and I am sure we will get some complaints that your Numbers wont count because you had longer to break it in :rofl:

Build a Motor like you did mine and You will run 9.20's pretty easy! AEM should be installed and ready for testing by New years.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul said:
I also think the Stock class should be just that - stock. No mods of any kind. No filters, no smooth tubes, no exhaust, or tires. 100% stock cars. And, yes, you probably will attract a larger number of guys with stock cars who want to give drag racing a shot. I don't think this class should be indexed because you may be preventing better drivers from putting their cars into 11s. If it's possible to put a stock Viper into high 11s, why fuck with a 12 second index.

Do you think Exhaust and Filters can really make that big of a Difference. we are looking at 20 HP at most right?

Remember we want to fill up the classes and not have 3 in one class and 5 in another. we would rather make it at least 8 per class Minimum and let the driver wars begin.

your opinions are invited and welcomed this is where we start to fine tune the race.

what about Unlimited guys? I dont htink there will be many 8 second vipers but there will be several low to mid 9 second vipers. we want the fast class full as well instead of 4 each way.

I would rather race chad every race even though he has a nearly a second on me and have a full bracket to race instead of racing a bracket that has 3 cars. I want to win but I also want to earn it!

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
1TONY1 said:
Damn, it's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong winter. :slap:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/84burns.jpg[/image]

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Do you think Exhaust and Filters can really make that big of a Difference. we are looking at 20 HP at most right?

Remember we want to fill up the classes and not have 3 in one class and 5 in another. we would rather make it at least 8 per class Minimum and let the driver wars begin.

your opinions are invited and welcomed this is where we start to fine tune the race.

what about Unlimited guys? I dont htink there will be many 8 second vipers but there will be several low to mid 9 second vipers. we want the fast class full as well instead of 4 each way.

I would rather race chad every race even though he has a nearly a second on me and have a full bracket to race instead of racing a bracket that has 3 cars. I want to win but I also want to earn it!
Also David, remember the guys running the V8 Viper bodied cars. Doesn't Mike from Ringgold, GA run a Hemi. There was a class for them and I think most people like to see different things even if they don't have a V10 :thumb: Exhibition class maybe?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im tryig to delay the results as long as possible as I know how devestating it will be until we get it started again.

I still have nightmares of him beating me on the go carts

I have put the revenge on him after loading his RT/10 Bucket back up in the DRag Radial SHoot-out.

·
4,287 Posts
Smooth tubes and filters were stock on ACR...so you need to put other stockers on the same playing field.

David I believe you could get allot stockers out there.....I would think you could get plenty if we just told them and that would get the stock trucks into the game too.
I think it is a class that needs to be created and we could draw allot of cars from local VCA and regions around the country.

David to test the theory, start a pole and post here and at org start another post and see what kind of response you get.

·
4,287 Posts
Paul said:
You will not get a stock Viper on Pilots into the mid 11's much less the low 11's.
I also agree I think maybe stock and on Pilots should not be indexed.

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Im tryig to delay the results as long as possible as I know how devestating it will be until we get it started again.

I still have nightmares of him beating me on the go carts

I have put the revenge on him after loading his RT/10 Bucket back up in the DRag Radial SHoot-out.
You got lucky, and there is no delaying the inevitable

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Cudaman said:
Mike a 9.66 lucky......hmmmmmm

there was 5 -6 passes on radials ...none all year long and then that many:drive:.....

Ward,
I got nothin but love for the good ole Dr. and I don't think his DR time will be elapsed anytime soon. Just joshing with him, but YOU on the other hand..........................................................................

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.