1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about :
1.150mph
2. 0-60 in the 3 sec.range
3. 1200 lb Formula Car with 185hp , on racing slicks.
4. Actual races on the second and third day.
5. Groups for Licensed Competition Drivers,those with Intermediate experiences, and Novices.
6.Race on one of the safest tracks in the US.
7. Viper Days follows the event, so you can race for 6 days if you are a sicko!

We have been inviting gearheads to hang out with us at Racing Schools for 10 years , but this year we finally accomplished what alot of folks have asked for - a school that also incorporates actual racing. Rotary Rockets, the folks that run the Formula Mazda Series many of you have watched on Speed Channel, is doing a school for us ( a first )and it will be virtually the same price as a normal school - $2995. Three fun filled days at Mid America Motorplex ,just South of Omaha, on May 11-13th. Viper Days runs the 14th thru the 16th, so you can double your pleasure.

Call me at 1-800-889-1893 for more info or sign up with Robert or Carlos at www.racingschools.com ( 1-877-463-7223 ) and feel free to check out the website for the cars at www.rotaryrockets.com.Keep in mind this is a custom designed school, so you will not find anything at the site concerning it.

Lunch, suits, helmets, etc., are provided by Rotary Rockets, but you can bring your own gear.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893
[email protected]

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep in mind you don't have to use your own cars, and you can fly in ,race, relax and even stay for Viper Days if you want. Big plus ,is as cool as Lime Rock is, this track is faster and tons safer- 2.23 miles long with a 2222 ft straight. It is real easy to get around the area, and we have even had folks from Switzerland, so come on down.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
Keep in mind you don't have to use your own cars, and you can fly in ,race, relax and even stay for Viper Days if you want. Big plus ,is as cool as Lime Rock is, this track is faster and tons safer- 2.23 miles long with a 2222 ft straight. It is real easy to get around the area, and we have even had folks from Switzerland, so come on down.
Interesting....BTW, I'm not a great lover of Limerock, it's just that it's essentially all I got within 2 hours. This may need further discussion with the wife /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Chuck,
My guess is that the competition licensed class will be racing - really racing.

And City - Skip now has an SRT-4 and a Comp Coupe for rental. My guess is that both will go quickly for the MAM event, but you could still fly in and do both events - and the Viper Days event in a Comp Coupe!!!!!!!!

That'd certainly be a week to remember.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actual racing is just that.........passing where you can. These will be done in groups of 8, based on your status. Example:

8 drivers in the Intermediate group will run against each other - no licensed Comp drivers, no Novices, as they will run amongst themselves. Monday will be set up to do Qualifying.

Yep,this is one wild ride, and as this is essentially a racing rental program, that is why we are doing a school and race.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like virtually all schools you do have exposure for accidents. I believe it is limited to $5000 , but it may be $4000. This is pretty much the Industry standard and not a bad deal.These cars are easy to fix and had an initial price tag in the 30K range, not the 70+ of the new Renesis models.

Hope this helps with your question?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks Bill, yes that does help. So in essence you have liability for a $4-5k deductible and then coverage for everything after that? Not that I'd be planning to wipe out or anything. /images/graemlins/smiles

One more question: do those cars use paddle shifters with an electronic clutch or are they traditional manuals, or what?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The new cars ( which are 70K+ and have 240hp in a carbon fiber tub ) have a sequential gearbox, but these are a conventional 5 speed set-up. The new ones are much more state of the art, but the Formula Mazda is more price efficient and still blazingly fast. Keep in mind that Skip Barber , Derek Daly, Jim Russell and Bertil Roos cars all have around 120-130 hp in 1200 lb cars and these are pumping out 55-65 more. This is huge considering the weight, and the other big situation, is that the cars will be running on slicks and not street tires. There will be some pucker factor, but the track has ample run-off and was designed by Tom Wilson with extreme safety in mind. It should be a radical time, plus with it being in our back door, we can assist with any of the party animals concerns, ha,ha.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick note to make sure everyone knows this is definitely open to Novices. I guess I wasn't very clear on this, but every year about 1/2 of those attending have never gone to a school before. So,feel free to give me a call, as we do have a group all set up for those who haven't attended before.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.