Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my passenger side wiper on 96 rt-10 stopped working and the drivers side would stay all the way up and every now and then I could activate the wipers and just the drivers side would wipe once and then end in the up position and the passenger side wiper wouldn't move. I have googled this issue with different responses. I was going to just buy new wiper motors but only the passenger side is available and I cannot find a drivers side which it sounds like the wiper that acts up is usually the bad motor, so I am thinking the drivers side motor is bad?

Also, numerous forums talk about a dodge caravan hatch motor working but no further details on if that works or not. Any help would be appreciated on what you guys think is causing this issue. I will be looking more into this the next couple of days but thought I would post to start getting possible fixes, etc...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I had this exact same problem...

Since the driver side wiper actually moves you know that the motor is good.

The drivers side is just a motor, the passenger side has the brains plus a motor.
Replace the passenger side and it will probably fix the issue.

There are some carbon contacts in the passenger side that fail, at least that's what happened to mine, then the drives side stops working correctly.

·
Premium Member
19,102 Posts
I have a good set of wiper motors for sale, let me know if you need me to send them.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had this exact same problem...

Since the driver side wiper actually moves you know that the motor is good.

The drivers side is just a motor, the passenger side has the brains plus a motor.
Replace the passenger side and it will probably fix the issue.

There are some carbon contacts in the passenger side that fail, at least that's what happened to mine, then the drives side stops working correctly.
Thanks!!! I can actually find the passenger side motor but for some reason I thought the drivers side had the brains. I will give this a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts