Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is like asking whether I should wear a red shirt or blue shirt today-opinion...However, I'm not crazy about people being able to see in my car and was wondering what everyone thought about tinting and if you've already done it, what suggestions would you have.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Assuming we're talking roadster here, I did the rear window (I think 35% tinting) and it helps...mostly at night with headlights. Too bad I don't keep it in much in the summer. The side windows (if tinted) would look odd without the top (hard or soft) on.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Citysnake, I agree it does'nt look right without top. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
hell yes tint them... anything to help cool the car down...

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
I was planning on tinting my GTS this weekend, so I say yes with the tint and go with the red shirt.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ha, makara. what percent are you tinting to?

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
Limo all the way around.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My black RT/10 is tinted on the sides and the back (15%). I really like it and it makes the black car even more "mysterious". I usually keep the windows down when I'm driving (summer or winter) and the rear window is usually removed in the summer. But it helps to keep it cool when it's parked in the sun.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Makaha said:
ha, makara. what percent are you tinting to?
Whatever the max is in california plus a few percent. It won't end up being that dark. When I was going to school in Florida, I had the windows tinted limo black. I'd like to do something a little closer to that in the Viper but in my experience here, the cops like to give out tickets to people with tint rather than real criminals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In Calif. if it is not factory tint it is illegal. No film of any kind. I have a pickup truck with very light film tint. I thought it was factory until the cop took a knife and scraped some off. He could have got me for speeding but didn't. Just told me to get rid of the tint and a fix it ticket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only the side windows are illegal. I limoed the back on my GTS, which is legal in Cali, and because the interior is dark, the side windows look tinted too. I've even been pulled over for tinted windows before, but the cop could not write the ticket because the sides were factory.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Actually, to be more specific, you can't tint the driver side windows. If you have a car with 2 doors, you can tint the back side windows, just not the front.

Question I have is for a Gen I that has snap in windows, what if those are tinted. I ordered some Vipermania windows and they are dark to start with.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Like a cop would know whether the V-mania windows were stock or not.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
just have your doc write you a scrip for photosensitivty to sunlight, keeps the tint on and johnnylaw away

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
just have your doc write you a scrip for photosensitivty to sunlight, keeps the tint on and johnnylaw away
Do you write those scrips? ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts