Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had one of my cars painted at West Coast Specialties in Miramar, while there I had them limo tint the windows, so maybe call them and ask who they use for that. The tint is still perfect till this day, never a bubble or anything, it was like 275 or 300 bucks to do the mustang, that was like 6 years ago. Ask for Herb or Pat....Ryan is a moron

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I'm just waiting for a cop to bust me for my tinted side windows. The car came tinted. Today while at a stop light, I noticed there was a cop at the stop light heading west (I was heading north.) He was looking at me like I was the devil himself. I had my windows up and he could not see who was in the car. I rolled down the window, stuck my elbow out and looked at him. I fully expected for him to wait for me to start going then have him pull out behind me and pull me over, but he didn't.

When you guys get pulled over for this stuff, do you HAVE to fix it, or can you just pay the fine and leave it the way it is?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
have to get a cop to sign off the ticket that you fixed it.. or maybe you can pay the increased fine amount and ignore it.. I think both are options. If noone else chimes in i will check it out tomorrow when i go into work

·
Registered
78 Posts
Manny_C said:
I'm just waiting for a cop to bust me for my tinted side windows. The car came tinted. Today while at a stop light, I noticed there was a cop at the stop light heading west (I was heading north.) He was looking at me like I was the devil himself. I had my windows up and he could not see who was in the car. I rolled down the window, stuck my elbow out and looked at him. I fully expected for him to wait for me to start going then have him pull out behind me and pull me over, but he didn't.

When you guys get pulled over for this stuff, do you HAVE to fix it, or can you just pay the fine and leave it the way it is?

-I recieved about 15-20 tickets for limo tinted windows in my mustang, the car was ferrari red so it attracted attention aside from the tint, but to answer your question the fine was $77 each time and never ever increased. If they ticket you, be nice, and just send in the whopping $77 bucks. You will never have to remove the tint, the a-hole cop will tell you that you do, but the fine comes and thats it. I figured if I got 5 tickets a year, 77x 5= 385, I just had to pay an extra 385 a year to have my car look the way i wanted. But I am not sure you want the hassle of giving those clowns a reason to pull you over

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will send you a pm Jeff to get the details on your neighbor.

I was not aware that you could just pay a fine and not have to remove the tint. I got popped for the tinting a few years back in another car and had to remove it. I'm getting the sides done, if I get pulled over fuck it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.