Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...who have 0 posts and are still on this list? It seems like that area needs some clean up. Why not delete users who do nothing but take up space and give false numbers to the member totals.

I also think people who have not posted in 6+ months with less than 10 to 20 posts should be deleted too.

:rant: /images/graemlins/toothy

· Enlightened
25,878 Posts
I can't remove users who have posts because then the posts are orphaned and it screws up the pointers in the database.

I removed 458 users who had no posts, had not confirmed the new rules put into place like 6 months ago and hadn't been online for a while.

· Eccentric
2,765 Posts
packetjunkie said:
I can't remove users who have posts because then the posts are orphaned and it screws up the pointers in the database.

I removed 458 users who had no posts, had not confirmed the new rules put into place like 6 months ago and hadn't been online for a while.
Understand about not being able to remove the users, but they could still be excluded from the membership reports, listing page, etc. So they'd still be there for the post-related references but for all other purposes would appear to be gone.

Second idea is that the pointers in the posts could be updated to point to a "RemovedUser" user (less work probably, no schema updates, etc).

I know, easy for me to say. But thought I'd throw out the ideas anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.