Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not geting the same 1/4 times as not quite as high HP supras. This is not a supra vs viper thread, this is a serious question, so help me out everyone. I've got tons of videos of 800+ HP vipers running in the 10's and if it's a good run, in the 9's. RSI's beast has run consistently in the 9's. However I have seen just as many if not more Supra TT's with less (less than 800) HP running in the 9's. I've even got a few supras in the 8's. Is it b/c launching the vipers are much more difficult? (i.e. traction). The viper is fast out of the box no doubt, but it seems even high HP vipers "plateau" at 10's to high 9's. (not that it's not fast enough of course). What does Sir Hiss consistently run? :thumb:

·
Registered
806 Posts
There is an auto car that is na running 9.5-9.6 with an auto. Not 800rwhp, maybe 650rwhp at the most.

The 60' time for the vipers is terrible. Dana's 8 second supra is an auto with a 1.2x 60' time on drag radials. THat will get you into the 8's. Also, no one is really concentrating on the suspension setup, they are mostly concentrating on the motor power. Last time out I ran 148MPH twice in the quarter and I was still in the 10's because I was on drag radials with 1.7x 60' time. TERRIBLE.

Once a few tuners get a great suspension setup that will consistantly get in the high 1.3x-low 1.4x then you will see many vipers in the low-mid 9's with a 6 speed. I fully believe that we can have a drag racing suspension setup that will get the cars in the low 1.4x, we just have to have some tuners spend some r&d to get it there.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smokin, thanx..

Utah, that's what I was wondering. It seems that everything that could possibly be done to a car has been done to a supra...hell, it's not a supra anymore for that matter, but how much real R&D has been put into vipers?

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
In other words, for the same reason you never see Supras on a road course.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
McGuireV10 said:
In other words, for the same reason you never see Supras on a road course.
true, never thought about that, but now that you mention it....

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
As stated above, Supras have the head start in R&D and due to their much lower cost of entry, have many younger owners that are more inclined to pushing the envelope.

Dr. Roof and resale values have got the Vipers moving in the right direction now though.

I expect some real eye openers by the end of the year for the Viper community.

Chad

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have the BFG drag radials 18" 345's and I can run in the 1.5x 60' times with them but the track prep at Bowling Green wasn't that great.

There really hasn't been too much r&d put into drag suspension for vipers but hopefully someone will step up and get with the program. I know Dr Roof and TOm have pretty decent setups and I am sure RSI does as well but I haven't seen any 60' times from them.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone...I guess I was comparing 2 cars which weren't even set up the same. I was under the impression that some of these 800+ HP supras didn't have many mods...I guess they're modded to hell and back.

·
Registered
482 Posts
To get a supra to have 800+hp is easy..Turbo kit for 4g, AEM, wideband 2g, fuel system 2g, clutch 1500, gauges, boost controller, 700, fmic 1500, bov 300. Then install and tune and you can have 800hp no problem. Of course this is on race gas...

·
Registered
920 Posts
We are going to a huge event in August where the cars have to road legal and run on road legal approved tyres, it has a handling course, 1/4 mile and 0-1.2 mile top speed run, you have to compete in all 3 events.

At a similar event a couple of weeks ago a big HP Supra did a standing start 1.2 miles with a top speed of 202mph, forget its 1/4 time though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.