Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer has two SRT-10 Rams so I stopped by and took a look. I hadn't really looked them over at SEMA this year, was too busy looking at the turbo Hemi, and now I think I might want one. Just checking to see if anyone on here has one and what they think. Local dealer wants $10,000 over sticker which is bullshit.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I was kinda blah about it at first as I think trucks should be used for towing but it is pretty cool. Would rather have a VIper first if I had to choose.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I love the SRT Ram. If anyone has any pics (especially hi-resolution), please post them here!!

I've been looking for pics of the VCA SRT, and haven't ran across too many, so I'd love to see some of those too /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I've met three owners so far. They all complain about the lack of a quad- or extended-cab option (mainly because it limits what you can do with the seat back), but are all otherwise very happy with them. All three paid MSRP. Only one is a Viper owner.

They're pretty fast. I saw one run at a Test & Tune night down at Gainesville a few weeks back. I don't remember the time, but the novelty-factor caused quite a stir in the audience.

·
Registered
69 Posts
An automatic would be a very good option for this truck, as the factory clutch sure isn't up to dealing with a 5150lb truck.

Go to SRT10forum and check out the posts on the clutch issue. It is looking like about anyone who drives these trucks aggressively is burning up their clutch, which in turn is causing heat damage to the flywheel also.

1 guy has 3 Ram SRT-10's. All three of them have been through clutches already. 1 truck has been through 1, 1 truck has been through 2, and the other has been through 3. This is all in less than 1000 miles per truck. He also says that the 3 trucks are tuned totally different. 1 is much faster than the other 2, 1 handles better, and the other is the most comfortable to drive.

At this point, it looks like the clutch/transmission is probably the biggest reason that the truck cannot tow.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
01LightningGal said:
This is all in less than 1000 miles per truck. He also says that the 3 trucks are tuned totally different. 1 is much faster than the other 2, 1 handles better, and the other is the most comfortable to drive.
Gee, and he figured all that out in less than 3000 miles on 3 different trucks? /images/graemlins/headscratch

·
Registered
607 Posts
i own a year 2001 ford lightning. see pic below. my best 1/4 mile time so far in my 4,600 pound brick is 12.25 @ 110 mph with a 1.70 sixty foot time. the only thing i be burnin in my truck is the pavement. :burn: them boyz that be smokin their clutch should have got a real drag truk. :lolcry: [image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/2162BURNOUT-med.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tucson huh? Maybe you'll put your money where your mouth is and drag a little 4.7L Dakota.

·
Registered
607 Posts
i put my money and my truk on the finish line every year at the annual truck-n-nationals at firebird raceway in phoenix, arizona. i got 1st place in the street class (13 second bracket class) in 2002 and 2nd place in 2001. at each of those events i trailered like 5 dakotas on my way to the podium. they all run superchargers and nitrous with mt et streets. but at the end of the day i was the one gettin the paycheck and the trophy gurl :smooch: anyway i will be there again this year runnin in the 12 second bracket class. this years race will be october 23rd-24th. cya at the track. the pic below is of me and my truk back in the old days when i used to run that 13 second street class. as a result of my new mods i will now be runnin the 12 second class /images/graemlins/pimp [image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/2162launch_resized-med.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/2162launch_resized-med.jpg[/image]
In that picture, it looks like you went drag racing on your way to the job sight. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
607 Posts
Mark O said:
Fast Freddy said:
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/2162launch_resized-med.jpg[/image]
In that picture, it looks like you went drag racing on your way to the job sight. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
lol. i never noticed that b4, but it does look like the starters ramada is bolted into the bed of my truck. /images/graemlins/snatch

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
www.johnnylightningperf.com just set a new world record for the fastest et ever in a lightning. 9.88 @ 133.50 mph. i think the sixty foot time was like 1.45 seconds /images/graemlins/dude3
Whats funny is that at any given point some nut with an SRT Ram may decide to drop off his truck at DLM and get the ole 900 rwhp treatment and blow that time out of the water.

Eddie

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.