Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if it makes much differance if you have minimal mods like I have. I currently dyno at 437 RWHP and 475 ftlbs torque at the rear wheels.
Does it make that much differance in acceleration?

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
/images/graemlins/toothy

What are you trying to accomplish?

IMO, the alum flywheel is a road-race mod, and a good one at that. If you don't roadrace or 1/4 mile (probably negligable here), spend your money on something else.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Road racings in my blood. Two Viper day events and two 3rd place finishes in super stock :nod:
I brag about this every chance I get /images/graemlins/freak
I'm interested if you guys think it's worth the money and effort.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Oh well if you ViperDays then by all means, go with the aluminum FW. I think its the best track mod there is after brake pads. It allows you to really slow the car down and heal/toe the way you're meant too. The stock fw is too heavy, and takes too long to lose the revs when braking. It is absolutely money on the track.

·
"Unremarkable"
377 Posts
I have a aluminum flywheel and there is a noticeable difference. (and I have it purely for poser status) /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
LETHAL GTS said:
Road racings in my blood. Two Viper day events and two 3rd place finishes in super stock :nod:
I brag about this every chance I get /images/graemlins/freak
I'm interested if you guys think it's worth the money and effort.
Thanks
I had an aluminum flywheel in my '00, it was great for road racing, you rev faster and it makes it easier to "heel/toe". Watch out I believe an aluminum flywheel could add a point and bump you up to Prepared class at Viperdays.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have the aluminum, or as our British friends like to say, "aluminium," and while it does feel like it winds up a bit quicker, it is not nearly as noticeable as the change you get with gears or throttle bodies. Unless you are having some clutch work done, I don't think it's worth the labor cost to have the new flywheel installed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wonderful upgrade, and it will pull right to redline without any perceptible pause. Loved it for road racing, street, and it seemed to work well at the strip, though I only went once. I think it is one of the best values out there if you do track stuff,and I know we sell a boatload of them. I will admit, the majority go to folks who do track stuff, but alot of owners who do gears enjoy the lightened flywheel for city driving ,etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the RPS aluminum flywheel. The other popular one is Fidanza. The thing I liked about the RPS is that it has segmented heat shields (vs. one piece as in Fidanza). This allows it to expand and contract when heating/cooling without warping. They are also rebuildable.
Definitely noticible on the track and street IMO but I'm no expert.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts