Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Who installs gay frickin clamps?

6K views 52 replies 11 participants last post by  GRCFORCE327 
#1 ·
Old RSI car...FIXED!!!

See less See more
Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T
#10 ·
They may look gay as fuck, but I've seen them used extensively on IndyCar and sports car plumbing systems. I prefer the black style myself.

#13 ·
LOL... well, when you see Vibrant specified by MIL standard for use in aircraft, I suppose we can say "better".

Until then, its Wiggins.

And you have to appreciate the use of FUCK YOU PURPLE! Genius marketing that cannot go unnoticed.

But thats why we anodize them. ha.

#14 ·
LOL... well, when you see Vibrant specified by MIL standard for use in aircraft, I suppose we can say "better".

Until then, its Wiggins.

And you have to appreciate the use of FUCK YOU PURPLE! Genius marketing that cannot go unnoticed.

But thats why we anodize them. ha.
When I have both in my hands and one is a flimsy piece of crap, I toss it and go Vibrant.

#17 ·
and cars with more power still use silicone...
Wiggins is still better than Vibrant.
More power than the car above on the street? Feel free, but the ones on the car were brittle crap, and zero comparison to the vibrants, Plus... I'm not GAY!

#21 ·
talk to a real race team. ask them if they would use a cheaper clamp, or a proven clamp. failure can cost a lot more then a little down time.
It is okay to admit you spent money on a lesser product because you value looks over function.

so far i have posted

Honda F1 (above)
Dodge GTS-R
Porsche 919
Audi R8 (diesel you wanted)
Toyota LMP1
Renault F1

#30 ·
talk to a real race team. ask them if they would use a cheaper clamp, or a proven clamp. failure can cost a lot more then a little down time.
It is okay to admit you spent money on a lesser product because you value looks over function.

so far i have posted

Honda F1 (above)
Dodge GTS-R
Porsche 919
Audi R8 (diesel you wanted)
Toyota LMP1
Renault F1

View attachment 150746 View attachment 150742 View attachment 150743 View attachment 150744 View attachment 150745
That's a Renault in the back of the Redbull, notice the Infiniti name on the rear wing..... ;)

#22 · (Edited)
Let me know when they're pushing 125psi - 150psi of boost like the "shake you to death" diesels, then we'll talk. Until then, sit on the porch with those gay colored clamp.

#23 ·
I did go and pull the two 3in clamps out of the trash, so you can purchase them. Money talks!

#24 · (Edited)
Wonder who decided on the color, Adel or Wiggins? I know from a guy's standpoint, it's sometimes better to just end the argument and let the woman decide on a color.

#28 · (Edited)
To be clear, you couldn't pay me to buy a diesel, but when testing components like this, nothing is going to be as violent/destructive as a cranked up turbo diesel. Also, anyone that works on diesels in any way, knows Locktite is your friend. They will shake things loose.

#29 · (Edited)
I cannot believe that this thread is still going.

Are we seriously at a point where arguing about the clamps used on charge piping is a thing?

I prefer Wiggins. You prefer Vibrant.

Yay. They serve the same purpose, and I prefer clamps that don't "say shit" on them. Both are rated for pressures FAR higher than any Gasoline application, and virtually any diesel as well.

But.......

Wiggins didnt make a clamp known to rip in half so often that they recalled them and replaced them. Vibrant did. It was called the Vanjen Clamp and is the original design of the one you are using. So, there's that. LOL

And for what its worth, they ALL have flaws... be it assembly hassles, galling risk, or otherwise.

Coming Soon to VA: "Battle of the plastic sliverware! White, or clear? YOU DECIDE!"

#31 ·
It was called the Vanjen Clamp and is the original design of the one you are using. So, there's that. LOL
Well aware of "VanJen" Vibrant clamps. Glad they had the balls to go to the high pressured diesels. You are not only dealing with pressure, but torque twisting movement, something you will never see from a mosquito. I pulled the two 3in clamps out of the trash. Money talks!

#35 ·
OK, so I put my money where my mouth is, and then you get butthurt?

Check.

Douchenozzle, aaaaand called.
Sorry to hear that you are so butthurt by my posts. Contact a gay friend to console you,and rectumfy the pain you are going through. Last time I checked, show me the money means make the offer. Don't be cheap,you know what they cost.

#36 ·
You know, someone who actually wanted to sell something, would take time away from being an asshole, to actually post pictures and condition of EXACTLY what they are selling.

What condition? With flanges? Without flanges? With couplers? Without couplers? With Orings... without?

You must be new at this. Offers dont get made when shit isn't even known. For all I know they are galled up cracked garbage with bent couplers, no flanges, and no Orings. In which case, you can file them right where they previously were.

And you are right, I know exactly what they are worth, new and at wholesale. If you thought you were going to get retail from me, then you are even dumber than I thought.

#37 ·
Still in the bag I threw them away in! Send me your addy and I'll get them out the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.