Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE my fuckin eibachs. The springs make the ride bouncy, and honestly I can not fathom how ANYONE can tolerate the ride with Eibachs. Ive been dragging my feet on changing shocks and struts. Since I dont road race the car it seems stupid to spend $4K on Penske's. At the same time, I havent ever heard a thing from anyone about The Snake Oly Shocks, or some other billet coil overs other companies offer. Anyone have input?

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vipernathan said:
The Eibach's are pretty stiff, but an ACR suspension is not much better. It's pretty tough to alter a suspension and get a stock ride quality from it. You just have to ask yourself what us more important, the look of your car now? Or a better ride quality, but a stock height and more fender gap.
its not the stiffness of the ride, but the BOUNCING. The car actually feels a little underdampened, or overdampened which is usually characterized by a "bouncy ride". I dont mind a stiff ride that even bruises my kidneys, what i do mind is the constant bouncing.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Smokin said:
vipernathan said:
The Eibach's are pretty stiff, but an ACR suspension is not much better. It's pretty tough to alter a suspension and get a stock ride quality from it. You just have to ask yourself what us more important, the look of your car now? Or a better ride quality, but a stock height and more fender gap.
its not the stiffness of the ride, but the BOUNCING. The car actually feels a little underdampened, or overdampened which is usually characterized by a "bouncy ride". I dont mind a stiff ride that even bruises my kidneys, what i do mind is the constant bouncing.
i HATE mine with a passion. i am going to penskes....

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Are Penskes and Eibachs pretty much the only ones you can install on the Viper?

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
AUSTIN said:
Are Penskes and Eibachs pretty much the only ones you can install on the Viper?
well eibachs are just lowering springs. penskes are full blown race shocks. you can install motons, penskes, roe makes a decent shock, and there are more...

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So back to my question, who has tried the "other shocks". BTW this thread isnt for non-viper owning newbs who want to give their unvalued $.02 worth of comments or have useless questions that dont even pertain to cleaning dogshit off of my shoe.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Smokin said:
So back to my question, who has tried the "other shocks". BTW this thread isnt for non-viper owning newbs who want to give their unvalued $.02 worth of comments or have useless questions that dont even pertain to cleaning dogshit off of my shoe.
i DO own a viper you bastard!

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was addressed to the plethora of non-viper owning wannabe's who have to inevitably get a word in edgewise on a technical discussion but have no real knowledge to offer. Kind of like a virgin who wants to look cool by giving instructions on fucking. Thing is, when he shoves his penis in her belly button, its just annoying and a waste of time.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Smokin said:
It was addressed to the plethora of non-viper owning wannabe's who have to inevitably get a word in edgewise on a technical discussion but have no real knowledge to offer. Kind of like a virgin who wants to look cool by giving instructions on fucking. Thing is, when he shoves his penis in her belly button, all its just annoying.
smooth tubes and filters, it's all about the smooth tubes and filters...

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
i didnt like them until i readjusted the factory shocks and now it handles, feels, and looks like it should. of course i could go and buy a set of threeway adjustables but then why do that when stock ones are basically better

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What did you adjust them to? I turned the damping on mine all the way up. Basically compress the shock, and twist right? How many turns did you go?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
one and a half turns after taking them all the way back. im due for some new shocks now though; 35k on them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Smokin said:
I HATE my fuckin eibachs. The springs make the ride bouncy, and honestly I can not fathom how ANYONE can tolerate the ride with Eibachs. Ive been dragging my feet on changing shocks and struts. Since I dont road race the car it seems stupid to spend $4K on Penske's. At the same time, I havent ever heard a thing from anyone about The Snake Oly Shocks, or some other billet coil overs other companies offer. Anyone have input?

-Had them on my Mustang, were the biggest pieces of shit, I cannot understand the deal with people liking them either. Coming out of turns the front of my car would bounce around, had them removed, and some real springs put on, problem solved.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Smokin said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRY! :rolleyes:

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
of course i could go and buy a set of threeway adjustables but then why do that when stock ones are basically better
/images/graemlins/wtf *What The Fuck* are you talking about? /images/graemlins/wtf

I've never ragged on you before, but your comment above is complete nonsense and needs to be branded as such.:arcade:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts