Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that will house 2 Kicker 10in LS7 subs in the back of my GTS.
What started off as a little upgrade has now turned into an all out custom sound system!
I want to mount both in the back and will be doing the work over the winter while my car is hibernating. I bought a Kicker 700.5 amp which will give me 165 watts rms to each door and 200 watts rms to each sub. I think that should rock, but I'm throwing around a number of ideas for the two subs and was hoping you guys could offer some ideas.
Thanks

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
put an awesome install in my gts made out of 1" thick plexiglass. 2 subs is total over-kill tho. all you need is 1 high quality 10. I have a $500 sub with a $1000 amp powering it and its plenty of car rumbling bass!!!!! box sits in the wheel well(no more spare) and faces up. the guys who built it even put mirror in the back so when you look down at the sub/box enclosure you can see the rear of the sub as well. realy cool. the guys who did it were assholes to deal with but the end result was good. they sell shit on ebay too, but this was tottaly custom using my measurements and their knowlegde of the airspace the sub i was using needed.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
v10kingsnake said:
2 subs is total over-kill tho. all you need is 1 high quality 10.
I know. I fucked up and ordered a 2ohm dual voice coil. So that means it'll either run in 4ohm or 1ohm depending on how I hook it. I wanted to run in 2ohm so as to maximize my amps ability. So I ordered another sub the same. That way I can hook them up so they run a 2ohm load. To complex to go into details right now.

Bottom line is I can control my bass level with the gain control. So I can dial it down a bit if needed and I think two will look better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.