Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a fair amount of research and input from fellow Viper owners, I think I've decided that my first modification will be some head work.

This will be done prior to any headers, exhaust, etc. The car is bone stock with the exception of some K&N drop in filters. It doesn't even have smooth tubes yet.

Who does good head work on Vipers?

What is the cost for their work?

Will they do a core exchange or do you have to send them your heads first?

Does the cost include roller rockers? (some places seem to include that and some don't)

Does the cost include bigger valves, better springs/retainers, etc?

I obviously don't want to just take my cylinder heads to just anyone, so I'd like to know who you guys have good experience with.

Thanks in advance.

JB

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
Who does good head work?

[color:red]Certainly not my wife.[/color]

[color:red]All of my salary. [/color]

[color:red]Man, I never thought of that. I certainly hope that there isn't any "core exchange" going on. [/color]

Does the cost include roller rockers? (some places seem to include that and some don't)

[color:red]Yes, but I have to get her drunk first. [/color]

[color:red] If you give it enough years, bigger valves are fairly likely. [/color]

·
Registered
17,224 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Schill said:
Who does good head work?

[color:red]Certainly not my wife.[/color]

[color:red]All of my salary. [/color]

[color:red]Man, I never thought of that. I certainly hope that there isn't any "core exchange" going on. [/color]

[color:red]Yes, but I have to get her drunk first. [/color]

[color:red] If you give it enough years, bigger valves are fairly likely. [/color]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn thread jackers.

Because the liklihood of my actually being in the same vicinity as Schill's wife is very remote, his response, although witty, provided very little useful information to me.

Therefore, if anyone has any information directly related to the questions posed in my first post, they would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Greg Good is simply the best! customer service and quality is top of line!!! great guy as well!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
depends... on goals, what has been done to your heads before (if anything) and what you are planning on doing. It isn't like the mustang world where you say "I want edelbrock heads with 1.6 / 1.9 valves" . these are vipers... whole differnet world. You can want that stuff (actually 2.0x valves not 1.9 on a viper) but the type of application determines the hardware...

Just call Greg. He'll take care of you.

JD

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all of the replies.

I received excellent responses from both Heffner Performance and Greg Good.

Both were very quick to respond to emails and both were very good about answering my specific questions about what was included in their head package, what the costs were, what the expected gains were, flows, etc.

I am very impressed with the level of knowledge and quick response from both of these guys.

Thanks to all who recommended these guys. You were 100% right about them. I'll be making my decision shortly, but at least I know which direction I'm going and that I'll be in good hands with either vendor.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.