Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
It looks like from your photo that your car is twin turbo? If so, it probably your oil seals in your turbos. That was the main reason I took my car apart, because it was doing the exact same thing. Your intake pipes are going to be coated in oil also, depending on how bad and how long your turbo seals have been leaking. You'll have to get the turbos removed from the car and get them rebuilt. It's not an overly complicated process to remove the turbos, just time consuming because everything is tight and hard to get to.

On another note, are you able to share your AEM tune file with me? I've been struggling with my AEM and need a tune file from a running car to troubleshoot it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thank you so much and that actually makes total sense. I totally forgot about the turbo seals. My car has been sitting for about five or six months and I didn’t smell it when it was idling in my driveway because the exhaust pipes weren’t warmed up yet. And I will reach out and see if the company who did my build can send me the tune. I don’t think I really ever got that file sent to me but I will see if I can get it. I will reach back out to you either way. Thanks again
Yeah that's the trouble with cars that sit a lot. Seals dry up and start leaking. My car was the same story when I bought it. The guy I got it from had it sitting in a barn for about 5 years and maybe put 2,500 miles on it in those 5 years. I drove the car for a while, hoping the seals would expand again and seal back up, but no such luck. Now I haven't been able to run the car since rebuilding the turbos, as I'm struggling with the AEM, but I'm hoping that my rebuild will hold up and it won't smoke anymore. I did spend considerable time cleaning oil out of all the intake tubing, throttle body, intake manifold and the intercooler. Brake clean seems to work well for getting all that oil out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts