Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

which way do you mount a viper radiator?

3K views 41 replies 10 participants last post by  SpawnX 
#1 ·
hey guys, i picked up a be cool viper rad... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2480350767 but i'm confused on which way is up??

on the completely flat side there is a fitting that opens when you twist it.. is that for burping the system and supposed to be on top or is that a drain plug and should be on the bottom??

also, i have the newer viper SVC (i think??) fan with the fan located in the middle.. and the only way it mounts looks to be upside down - if i mount it with the side up how it is in the ebay picture then the flaps are not "hanging down" they basically flip down..

is it just a becool screw-up and i should redrill some holes in the viper fan? or is the flat side with the fitting that opens the top?

thanks

#2 ·
[image]http://www.stuckatwork.com/mystuff/misc/PICT0005.JPG[/image]
this is the position i think it mounts and i think that's the top.. see how the radiator fits in and the flaps are hanging DOWN like they're supposed to?

but that plug on the corner makes me think its a drain plug, and should be on the bottom... but if that's the case, then it mounts like this...
[image]http://www.stuckatwork.com/mystuff/misc/PICT0006.JPG[/image]

see how none of the bolt holes match up?

thanks.

#8 ·
Smokin said:
Thats the only time Ive seen an aftermarket radiator not fit the stock newer model fan. Thing is most guys here run stock, fluidyne or Ron Davis, I dont know anyone who has used the "be cool" radiator.
its odd, it FITS, just upside down *if* like snake bitten said that's the drain plug..

mark it up as a factory screw up ?

#9 ·
SpawnX said:
Smokin said:
Thats the only time Ive seen an aftermarket radiator not fit the stock newer model fan. Thing is most guys here run stock, fluidyne or Ron Davis, I dont know anyone who has used the "be cool" radiator.
its odd, it FITS, just upside down *if* like snake bitten said that's the drain plug..
Look at your stock rad...Stocker "Brittle Cheesy" drain plug is in the same location as the one on your Be Cool...Don't forget to drain the engine of old coolant...You have two freeze plugs on the bottom of the motor, just under each header...

BTW...BE COOL is a very reputable rad brand name... :thumb:

#11 ·
A Viper radiator doesn't fit into your Dakota, and you want to blame the manufacturer? Why don't you try blaming the guy who placed the winning e-Bay bid?

#14 ·
Before you all make complete idiots of yourself at least ask...

The radiator is going to be a custom fit. There is enough room in there, and the grinding/cutting is not much at all (have you guys ever heard of custom fab???). Our radiator is 28", the viper is 28.75, so minimum material will have to be removed. It won't be an issue later since the whole truck is getting a cage - including the engine bay.

My issue/worry/concern/post had absolutely nothing to do with the radiator fitting in a dakota - it had to do with the viper fan fitting the viper radiator, which as it seems, with the right side up, it does Not - hence why I asked. I'm just trying to establish if this is for sure a manufacturer defect or what..

So if someone will tell me how the radiator going in a dakota makes a difference in the fan not bolting up to the rad. i will gladly shove my head up my ass.

Now - back to my *original* question.. Anyone have an idea why with the radiator being the right side up and the drain petcock on the bottom the fan won't bolt up? Manufacturer screw up?

R/T10, I got your PMs. I'll sell that radiator to you for 500 dollars plus shipping if you are interested. It is *brand new*. Sure I got it for 300 - but a new be cool is worth a lot more than that.

p.s. if you guys want to see the work on my dakota feel free to browse around. http://www.stuckatwork.com/mytruck_suspension_solidaxleswap.shtml

now back to my question. thanks

#15 ·
I emailed the guy selling them, he said he would get ahold of me when more came in. Remember I said "reasonable"? When you figure out it won't work, I'll give you $325, but only if you don't cut into the thing.

#17 ·
so how is 500 not reasonable? they retail around a grand. If you ask me, 500 is very reasonable.. like i said, its worth more than what it sold for, and I'm not a fool to sell it for 1/3rd the price. Good luck trying to get one from the guy - I told him when I just bought mine I want another 4, so you better get in line on them....

now.. could someone please pitch in as to why the VIPER FAN will not fit the VIPER RADIATOR, *regardless* of what vehicle its going in to (since that's COMPLETELY irrelivant to ANYTHING).

#20 ·
SpawnX said:
so how is 500 not reasonable? they retail around a grand. If you ask me, 500 is very reasonable.. like i said, its worth more than what it sold for, and I'm not a fool to sell it for 1/3rd the price. Good luck trying to get one from the guy - I told him when I just bought mine I want another 4, so you better get in line on them....
Why don't you go to the DAKOTA forum ? $1000 retail ????? Why pay that for fucking radiator that the fan won't even fit on ???? I hope you buy 10 of them and get stuck with everyone. Maybe it's not really a Viper radiator and you "ARE" a FOOL.

Fluidyne $690 NEW from a Viper dealer....hey the fan will fit it too !!
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=4&idproduct=5

Davis radiator $629 New from a Viper dealer.....duh, the fan fits !!
http://secureprocessing.net/PartsRack/We...087187078324095

#21 ·
1TONY1 said:
Why don't you go to the DAKOTA forum ? $1000 retail ????? Why pay that for fucking radiator that the fan won't even fit on ???? I hope you buy 10 of them and get stuck with everyone. Maybe it's not really a Viper radiator and you "ARE" a FOOL.
are you a COMPLETE idiot?

how could a person owning such a nice ride (viper) be so incredibly STUPID ?

1. why not go to a dakota board? BECAUSE I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A PRODUCT MADE/SOLD FOR DODGE VIPERS YOU DOUCHEBAG.

2. why pay that for a radiator that won't even fit the fan? BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU IDIOT. Its listed as a viper radiator from a respectable company (be cool)

3. maybe its not really a viper radior? WELL HOW THE F*** WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW? The part number is what becool lists on their web page, the radiator matches the part number, and the radiator fits - just upside down.. Could it be a coincidence that another rad. uses bolt pattern and size so close? I hardly doubt it.

4. why not buy it from other vendors? Because unlike you I HAVE A BRAIN. Why buy something for 650 dollars when the same thing (same thing, read: brand name radiator made specifically for the dodge viper.. same as the others) is only 300 dollars, more than half the price.

No offense to anyone else but does this message board completely lack reason and common sense? Or am i lucky enough to have the some forum trolls respond to the thread?

is it such a hard concept to understand that i picked up a brand name radiator made for dodge viper and want to use it with a dodge viper electric fan however they do not bolt up - and i am told to buy another radiator or go to a dakota board? jesus christ, what is up with stupidity??

i've PMed JT to see if he had the same issue and should get an email back from be-cool tomorrow.. thanks to those who have a functional brain and have understood what my problem is. the rest of the posters in this thread are nothing but jokes with money...

#22 ·
My point is, you are wanting a Viper guy (my friend...that knows Viper parts VERY well) to pay you $500 for a fucked up radiator that you paid $300 for. Why would HE (NOT YOU DUMBASS) not get one of these other radiators ? Just because you think he is a fool and would base the value on $1000 ??? Granted, it may be a msrp of $1000, but obviously it is only worth around $6xx...IF it wasn't fucked up, IF it had a warranty, IF you could send it back to the seller.

My reference to the Dakota forum was not for you to go there to seek advise on a "Viper" radiator.....it was meant to say(as some of our other members would put it) Go the fuck away if you are going to start acting like a dumbass !!

You have 11 posts and act like a dumbass......then you are the troll. I have 488 post and act like a dumbass.....then I am just a dumbass, not a troll. Get it ?

Now forgive me while I talk sensible for just a minute.

The mounting tabs/studs for an early fan and a late model fan (like yours) are different. You probably have a radiator for an early fan.....it should still work. I have been there, but I forget the exact details.
Goes something like: you will need to delete one of the bottom studs and add a bolt or stud to the top. It's close, just do what you need to do to make it work and things will be fine.

#23 ·
1TONY1 said:
My point is, you are wanting a Viper guy (my friend...that knows Viper parts VERY well) to pay you $500 for a fucked up radiator that you paid $300 for. Why would HE (NOT YOU DUMBASS) not get one of these other radiators ? Just because you think he is a fool and would base the value on $1000 ??? Granted, it may be a msrp of $1000, but obviously it is only worth around $6xx...IF it wasn't fucked up, IF it had a warranty, IF you could send it back to the seller.

My reference to the Dakota forum was not for you to go there to seek advise on a "Viper" radiator.....it was meant to say(as some of our other members would put it) Go the fuck away if you are going to start acting like a dumbass !!

You have 11 posts and act like a dumbass......then you are the troll. I have 488 post and act like a dumbass.....then I am just a dumbass, not a troll. Get it ?

Now forgive me while I talk sensible for just a minute.

The mounting tabs/studs for an early fan and a late model fan (like yours) are different. You probably have a radiator for an early fan.....it should still work. I have been there, but I forget the exact details.
Goes something like: you will need to delete one of the bottom studs and add a bolt or stud to the top. It's close, just do what you need to do to make it work and things will be fine.
Why? I don't know, why Doesn't he get them? He asked me for a price and I gave it to him. Is it a fucked up radiator? I don't know - its brand new and out of the box. And like you said - the others sell for 6xx. I offered him 5 even - still a good deal if ya ask me.

And I don't act like a dumbass - please quote complete ignorancy on my part and I will stick my head up my ass and take a picture.

Your point about a dakota message board is rediculous and void - I did not come on here acting like a jerk or a dumbass. I nicely and politely asked a question, then got shit from some members. All I did was respond to it - NOTHING was initiated by me, and if I see stupidity towards me, Damn right I will respond to it.

However Thank you very much on the info about the radiator. Custom fabbing isn't a problem, I just wanted to double check that it needs to be fabbed up before I went in cuttin and fabbing on a piece that in theory should fit fine. So thanks again for the info.

#24 ·
SpawnX said:
And I don't act like a dumbass - please quote complete ignorancy on my part and I will stick my head up my ass and take a picture.
You do act like a dumbass, you can either take my word for it, or call me out on it. If you choose the latter path, rest assured, you would be inserting your noggin up your spinxter for a SpawnX photographic enima tour of your rectum.

WAR YOURE GONNA NEED A FLASH IN THERE!!!!

#25 ·
Yes, please quote the stupidity on my part.

its funny though you completely disregard lack of reason and common sense on behalf of the other members though - wonder if you are blind to not see the ignorance in this thread from the other members or just not flaming your own? I would hope its the second one..

bunch of jokes with money. :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.