Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Tuner\'s 600TT kit is best?

Looking to do a 600TT, that is upgradable to 1400TT++(if I so desire later for more hp)
which tuner will provide the best quality and power? I've heard stay away from Hennessey. West Coast, SVS and Heffner are most likely the ones I will chose from.

anyone have any experience with them?

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Re: Which Tuner\'s 600TT kit is best?

diabolos88 said:
Looking to do a 600TT, that is upgradable to 1400TT++(if I so desire later for more hp)
which tuner will provide the best quality and power? I've heard stay away from Hennessey. West Coast, SVS and Heffner are most likely the ones I will chose from.

anyone have any experience with them?
Heffner who?? Sorry.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

For everyone that says stay away from one tuner or another you will find another that says A-#1 so you best do your own research.

Heffner is definitely at the top of any list with many very impressive TT's on the track and street.
Then you have RSI in Houston that builds fast cars, underground where Dr. Roof is presently calling home, SVS holds land speed records and were the first or very close to the first. Hennessey builds his share of TT cars

so
as said many times before
Call everyone and see who responds back, does not put you off when you have questions and one that impresses YOU. You will hear many pluses and minuses from others where many of them have not dealt with any tuner, do not own a car let alone a Viper and that is why you need to talk to the tuner. Talk to the car owner that one of the tuners have built a TT for. The person that has directly worked with the tuner they are Hawking. The 3rd cousin once removed that screwed a bar fly that once knew this person that saw the person that lived next door to a person that use to date the tuner in high school is the wrong person to take advise from.
You must be comfortable with your tuner after all it's your money, your car and your dream.
Good Luck in making the right choice.

That scantly dresses lady you use for your avatar, I thought that she was your tuner :thumb:

·
Registered
75 Posts

jkracer the other Muppet said:
For everyone that says stay away from one tuner or another you will find another that says A-#1 so you best do your own research.

Heffner is definitely at the top of any list with many very impressive TT's on the track and street.
Then you have RSI in Houston that builds fast cars, underground where Dr. Roof is presently calling home, SVS holds land speed records and were the first or very close to the first. Hennessey builds his share of TT cars

so
as said many times before
Call everyone and see who responds back, does not put you off when you have questions and one that impresses YOU. You will hear many pluses and minuses from others where many of them have not dealt with any tuner, do not own a car let alone a Viper and that is why you need to talk to the tuner. Talk to the car owner that one of the tuners have built a TT for. The person that has directly worked with the tuner they are Hawking. The 3rd cousin once removed that screwed a bar fly that once knew this person that saw the person that lived next door to a person that use to date the tuner in high school is the wrong person to take advise from.
You must be comfortable with your tuner after all it's your money, your car and your dream.
Good Luck in making the right choice.

That scantly dresses lady you use for your avatar, I thought that she was your tuner :thumb:

Oh, I see what you're saying. You're saying that just because one guy says that a certain tuner is the best, even though that one guy doesn't even own a Viper and has never had a Viper built by the tuner that they say is the best that they may not be the best? That the opinion and experience of an actual customer who had a car built by a tuner might be more valuable? Makes sense to me.
:nod:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts

DDIGGLER said:
What tuner offers a 600TT?
That would be a de-tuner. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

jkracer the other Muppet said:
The 3rd cousin once removed that screwed a bar fly that once knew this person that saw the person that lived next door to a person that use to date the tuner in high school is the wrong person to take advise from.
Bueller, Bueller........ [color:blue] Umm, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the 31 flavors last night......I guess it's pretty serious...[/color]

·
Registered
8 Posts

The only tuner offering a 600 hp TT system that I have read about is RSI.

Dont forget your other options too:

TNT - rear mounted turbo system

SVS - rear mounted turbo system

Elite / Viper - used West Coast / Jason Tarnutzer kit that is for sale on Ebay by someone in the UK

Underground has built a couple of TT Vipers.

I know a guy who knew a guy who had an uncle who knew a kit that had a dad that went to school with a guy that thought he knew how to built a twin turbo Viper but instead he decided he would take up brain surgery for a hobby.

Pro Turbo kits has a system

TexLen and David Weaver have done custom work with good reviews.

There is a guy in Maine who built his own TT Viper.

Lots of choices out there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

well, I am planning to go up to 600HP for now, nothing hog wild. But it's gotta be upgradable to 1200-1400hp later, in case I get the urge for that extra surge.
Anyone have any experience with Underground? TNT? RSI? I don't want a SC so that takes DLM out of the pic.

what about pricing? What are their prices? I heard it all regarding cost as well. DLM, Hennessey charge you the eyes of the Virgin Mary. WCV is very affordable from the replies I've gotten.

lets do a poll for quality, power and cost.

Heffner?
DLM?
SVS?
Macedo?
WCV?
D.C. performance?
TNT?
Underground?
RSI?
Hennessey?

·
Registered
541 Posts

A poll? First of all a motor that can handle 1400 hp on a TT set up will, I'm guessing, will make right 600hp on it's own. Your quest is a stupid one. And here's why: to go bolt something onto your car that will quadruple the original power is not going to happen. ( People sell SC that will add 50 or 60 % to a motor not 400% as a bolt on ) If it did, it would only last two seconds, on a good day with the stars all lined up. Your question should be. Which tuner can build me a serious engine to which, if I choose, in the future, will accept a TT that will produce 1400 HP if and when I choose to turn it up that high.
Now to your poll questions:

1)Quality: I picked M2- have never heard nothing bad from anyone about M2
and would choose Larry again in a heart beat.
2)Power: Got plenty cannot wait to get top the track and lay down the times.
The car has manners and power when I want it!
3)Cost: Have received more than I paid for 5 times over. Total professional
407 246 6511 call them yourself

Yellowstain OUT

·
Registered
43 Posts

diabolos88 said:
settle down there big ****** yellowstainer, its only cars haha
most of us here do think your question is just plain stupid.

Let's face it, a good 1400hp+ system will run you over $100k no problem. Especially from a bigger name tuner. the cost of a system that can be detuned and tuned back more than 100% of the power and actually run well, is more than i can imagine.

It would be cheaper to buy a second viper and get 600 hp with a simple heads and cam package.

·
Registered
308 Posts

J. JIGGLER said:
The only tuner offering a 600 hp TT system that I have read about is RSI.

Dont forget your other options too:

TNT - rear mounted turbo system

SVS - rear mounted turbo system

Elite / Viper - used West Coast / Jason Tarnutzer kit that is for sale on Ebay by someone in the UK

Underground has built a couple of TT Vipers.

I know a guy who knew a guy who had an uncle who knew a kit that had a dad that went to school with a guy that thought he knew how to built a twin turbo Viper but instead he decided he would take up brain surgery for a hobby.

Pro Turbo kits has a system

TexLen and David Weaver have done custom work with good reviews.

There is a guy in Maine who built his own TT Viper.

Lots of choices out there.

Yes we do have a system as well....

ProTurboKit

·
Registered
237 Posts

Suprattnsa said:
I guess its true when they say that Brazilian girls have the best asses eh?
That is truly one of the best avatars that I have seen!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.