Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Viper the other day with bright ass bluish super bright lights that lit up the road far and wide. Are those just a special bulb or do you have to buy a whole net set of lights? And can you buy them for the fog lights too? Where?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most likely they were a true HID setup (bulbs, ballasts, wiring), rather than just a blue colored bulb. I have a set of 8000K HID's in the viper and it really is dramatic the improvement in beam strength compared to the OE lights. You can get the complete setup for around $400 or so. There were some group buys here recently that may be of some assistance to you.

Best regards,
Ben

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
lawnman said:
I saw a Viper the other day with bright ass bluish super bright lights that lit up the road far and wide. Are those just a special bulb or do you have to buy a whole net set of lights? And can you buy them for the fog lights too? Where?

Thanks
Was it a gen1/2 or a SRT10 ???

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I like the bright HIDs I have them on my fog and headlamps.

[image]http://www.ntcsites.com/ab/nss-folder/scrapbook21/DSC01110.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
191 Posts
VenumBlue has them on the other site for about 300.00 for headlights & 300.00 for fogs. I just put mine in Tues. night & they look good. The 6000K look bluish/ purpleish. The more purple you go the less visible light you will have. I am glad I did not go 8000K that would have been too purple for my taste.

my .o2
Andy

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
ATEAV8 said:
The 6000K look bluish/ purpleish. The more purple you go the less visible light you will have. I am glad I did not go 8000K that would have been too purple for my taste.

my .o2
Andy
You're right, the higher the Kelvin temp, the less lumens the light will produce. True HIDs are 4200K and produce the most lumens, there is no reason to pay more for higher temps.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Lucifer said:
You're right, the higher the Kelvin temp, the less lumens the light will produce. True HIDs are 4200K and produce the most lumens, there is no reason to pay more for higher temps.
Any good link to a simple article on that subject?

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
8000K is too purple! I would go with 6200 for the optimum balance between color and brightness.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I went with the 6000's and am quite happy.. they are a bit blue and i would certainly not recommend going any higher than that. I get quite a few compliments on the lights, and they were a snap to install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.