Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Try Tire rack. That's where I buy mine everytime..

G

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Or Parts Rack , he has them for a couple bucks cheaper , sometimes.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
What are you guys payin for them?????? I have a buddy in the tire biz. and I'm curious if he's really a buddy..... :cheers:

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
SNAKBIT said:
What are you guys payin for them?????? I have a buddy in the tire biz. and I'm curious if he's really a buddy..... :cheers:
Mitch ...Are you sporting Kuhmo's now??? If so, GOOD FOR YOU! Traction is a beautiful thing!!!

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
SNAKBIT said:
Paid about $740 for all four delivered to my door.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Not yet but I'm gonna by spring!!!!!!!! Just want to know if I'm gettin' the proverbial screw-job!!!!!!!
Bought an extra set of wheels off e-bay :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:I'm ready to rock!!
They get funny when you don't have "frog"tires at viperdays :pissed: So I'll have to get a set of those too........... I just hate supportin' those fucks /images/graemlins/mad

·
Registered
383 Posts
Call Vilven Tire at 1-800-251-0017 and ask them not to be shaved ( they shave them all for free ). This is the same place that provides all the Comp Coupes tires for the World Challenge Series, so they also have the Toyo RA1s. Depending on what you want the tires for, the Toyos are actually better for street driving ,since they last longer. He has both, and hope this helps -- but do ask for non shaved , as they will come that way if you don't request it.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I was under the impression that the the Ecsta 700 needed to be shaved to deal with heat and to prevent chunking. I got my last set shaved and they still chunked, so I don't know if it works.

The V710 is suppose to be a lot better with no shaving needed.

Here are Tireracks price, non heat cycled and non shaved:
V710 - $788 plus shipping
V700 - $672 plus shipping

Chip

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I"ve had SO many shops in my area quote me their "best deal" on Kuhmo's. I honestly think the cheapest is about $250 per tire. When I tell them what I can get them for they say their cost is much higher than that. It's the middlemans fault for wanting big bucks for them and the smaller shops having to pay his prices. Seems like Tire Rack has one of the best deals around..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I didnt see any on their website for 20" sizes, or even 19". They have a picture of a SRT10 on the front of their webpage, but dont sell tires to fit it? I email them and asked about it, but as of yet never recieved a response. Looks like pirelli p-zero's are the way to go

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got mine at Carnuts.com (877) 227-6887. They had the best price. There is about $20 markup from what tirerack lists them for and what they cost the distributor. Tcarnuts.com are owned by Viper owners and will pass the discount to you.

FYI, JonB will beat TireRack.com web site listed price by $5.00 a tire.

·
Registered
863 Posts
From the Kumho tech site:

The Ecsta should be shaved to 5/32" for road track or autocross. It is only to be used unshaved for autocross in the rain. One of the problems is the lack of an Ecsta between 3.35 and 2.75.

The Vito Racer is available in a 3.15 and does not have to be shaved. I am running the Ecsta 3.35's on the rear and the Vito Racer 3.15's on the front. I discussed this with John Purner and he gave the combo a thumb's up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Call Vilven Tire at 1-800-251-0017. They provide all the Toyos for World Challenge Series and they are also leaders with Kumhos and Hankooks in the DOT race rubber segment.Just ask them not to shave them , unless you are doing track events. Depending on what you are looking for, you may want to consider the Toyos, as they will last longer, and they are very quick also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts