Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject says it all. Thinking about trying some temporary vinyl comp coupe style stripes (titanium colored) on my black car. The comp coupe style is thicker and gets thinner as it gets towards the front of the car.

Also, what can I expect to pay for something like that?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Any vinyl shop (Auto graphics shop, Car Graphics, Full Window Tint Auto Store, etc) should have stock of vinyl strips. Very cheap too. If they don't have the color, you might have to order it. As far as installation goes, a good car graphics shops or perhaps a window tint shop can put them on. You can probably get the whole thing done under $300. You're in Cali so perhaps you should budget around $2,000? /images/graemlins/wink

G

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HA! Yeah, markups are insane. Wanna hear about the day I got pissed at a local contractor? This company goes out to bid on a pool at my friends house. He lives in a modest neighborhood (houses at the time were selling around $350K in his area) but wanted a pretty nice pool. His quote came in around $30K for the pool. I liked his design and called up the same company about 2 months later and as they drive into our gated community, they see the sign outside that says "Homes starting in the $700,000's" -- sure enough, same pool, different neighborhood, $60,000 was my quote. I almost punched the guy in the fugg'n eye. I hate that shit!

I'll have to check around for some vinyl stripes. Thanks, Gerald.

-Manny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.