Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

When to change brake pads out?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Disturbed 
#1 ·
What mileage should be the first brake pad change? Normal, non tracked driving? Any advice on changing pad type while changing them out.

#2 ·
I think I remember reading somewhere it's around 20K miles or so, but again that depends how you drive. I guess the only way to really tell is to take the wheels off and inspect them if you are concerned.

#4 ·
Snake Bitten,

Press that thing on the floor board that is between the right pedal(gas) and the far left pedal (clutch)...and I think....I'm speculating here, but I think those are the brakes. :rofl:

#5 ·
You change the pads when they're down to about 1/8" lining left. If the rotors are grooved or cracked badly, then you should throw on a new set as well.

Attachments

#6 ·
This is when to change the pads. The top one is an OEM Brembo pad that has been overheated and came loose from the backing plate. Just below the caliper (standing on edge) is a PFC pad that DIDN'T fall apart at the track.

Attachments

#7 ·
thanks for the pic...will be looking at mine soon. thanks a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.