Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trashed the edge of 2 of my stock Gen2 wheels this weekend while being a good father (stopped at a Burger King drive up to get their Sponge Bob toys). Of course I thought about parking and walking in, but I was in a rush AND was fearful to leave the Viper unattended in a Burger King lot.

So in between placing my order for toys (and deciding which goddamn toy she might want the most) I forgot the mental note I made before the order to move quickly to the right to avoid a low curb. SCRRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!

I had planned to have my OE wheels chromed....eventually, but it would seem that now is the time. Wheels America is within 40 miles, but I just heard some horror stories of their work. Where's the best and safest (I don't want to be shipping wheels twice) place to send wheels? I will (obviously) need the curb rash repaired and I'd like the wheels chromed. Also, are there any wheel repairers that will send you some finished OE wheels after which you can send them your old ones (without the finished wheels being a "balancing disaster")?

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snake Bitten said:
City, this is a no brainer...

[color:blue]California Chrome[/color]...will cost you around a grand, but worth every penny, as the job will be done right.
G:
Spoke with John Purner and he suggested that Cali Chrome was essentially a wheel broker (it's possible that we were talking about another cali chromer). Do they do their own work? Also, has anyone done an "exchange" with them? I don't want to have my car up on blocks waiting for the potential and all too likely return dilemna when they ship a wheel that looks great but came off a totalled Viper and can never be trued.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
CitySnake said:
G:
Spoke with John Purner and he suggested that Cali Chrome was essentially a wheel broker (it's possible that we were talking about another cali chromer). Do they do their own work? Also, has anyone done an "exchange" with them? I don't want to have my car up on blocks waiting for the potential and all too likely return dilemna when they ship a wheel that looks great but came off a totalled Viper and can never be trued.

They do their own work...period. Takes about three week to turn the wheels around...I know someone who borrowed three spares, plus their own, so their Viper could still be "rolled" around...

Why not just ante up and get some CCW's???

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snake Bitten said:
They do their own work...period. Takes about three week to turn the wheels around...I know someone who borrowed three spares, plus their own, so their Viper could still be "rolled" around...

Why not just ante up and get some CCW's???
We're talking 'bout $1,200 vs. $4,000. As it is, I was hoping to put this off till NEXT winter.

I'll give them a call and see what's up. I'll tell 'em Snake Bitten sent me....that will surely get their attention! ;)

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke with them (Cali Chrome Wheels) and it will run $1,140 including the return shipping. I just have to get my wheels to them.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slithrn said:
there is a company call turbax in Florida that will fix them for about $100.00 a rim, that includes shipping. Had the ACRS done that way. perfect.
Thanks Slither! I'll give them a call just to piss off SB. :)

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
CitySnake said:
Spoke with them (Cali Chrome Wheels) and it will run $1,140 including the return shipping. I just have to get my wheels to them.
Damn, when did they get so expensive. I had them do a set of 17 x 9's for $125/wheel. It has been a few years, but $1200 seems steep.

BTW, they do great work there.

·
Registered
24,063 Posts
city, there is a guy near me that is big in this stuff. i saw a bunch of his work and im gonna have him do my rear tires soon. email me and in the AM i can send ya the name and number, its in my office.

it close to the warnock show, maybe a little bit closer. i think it is USA wheels in fairfield or pine brook.

told me $200 per wheel to fix my curb rash and re-polish. included mounting and balancing i think too.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone. My main issue was to be able to somehow get a wheel "exchange" so as not to loose the use on my Viper. I don't want to run the risk of having the car up on blocks and geting caught with slow or poor work or, even worse, damaged wheels in transport. With some exchange, at least I can still have the use of my car.

At the moment I can't find a chromer that has a set to exchange. :(

·
Registered
24,063 Posts
city, id help ya out by picking them up from ya and delivering them since they are close to my house but hear ya on the service thing.

id meet ya at the tunnel or something

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.