Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
What's the easiest way to post a video? I will share a little teaser video.

So once we got it running and did a couple test hits on the street :) we realized real quick that we had to get a different converter as it wasn't letting the turbos spool. The next thing on the list was to get the chassis and suspension checked to make sure it would go down the track safely. I sent it out to Jeff Lutz where it is currently.

Once there Jeff and I discussed getting a new rear end and pulling the wheels and tires out wider to make it look much better. If you notice in some of the pictures the tires set in about 4 to 5 inches from the lip of the fender. So that part is under construction and the new converter is going in. I hope and pray after that we are done! Then we will take it to a track there in PA.

Ok, here is an update. Rear is in and you can see the difference below. I will get better pictures later, looks much better.

Now we are switching out the tranny and converter. Again, due to technology change from 8 years ago, there was a concern the tranny would not hold the power. Input shaft was too small and one thing led to another:cursin:

God willing, it will be ready to run down the track soon!

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Hood

Ok, here is an update. Rear is in and you can see the difference below. I will get better pictures later, looks much better.

Now we are switching out the tranny and converter. Again, due to technology change from 8 years ago, there was a concern the tranny would not hold the power. Input shaft was too small and one thing led to another:cursin:

God willing, it will be ready to run down the track soon!

View attachment 116826

View attachment 116834
Looks great!

Looks like you widened the axles about 3 inches per side?

Do you have a side view of how the wheels/tires sit in the wheel well?

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #79 ·
In light of Sal and Will both running solid 6's in their cars, I thought I would bring this back since the original vid never got posted. So far, this is the quickest a V10 Viper has run the 1/4th with Will being right behind Mystic/DW running a 6.89@205 with more left to go.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.