Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts
I was honored to take possession of this monster. I bought it for one reason and that was to accomplish what Ray set out to do. I called Weaver right away and started asking him all the details. While we were talking it was obvious that he loved that car and was proud of what he had built thus far, but regretted he never got a chance to finish it completely. He quickly offered up that he would help me with it because it was a chapter in his life that he never got to close.

This car created a lot of excitement with a lot of people, unfortunately it never got a chance to prove itself. Weaver and I are going to give it all we got to turn some good numbers.

One thing for sure, Ray will be riding co-pilot with a big grin on his face;)
That is absolutely awesome

You are a true friend.

I never met Ray but had a huge admiration for him as a person and for his achievements

That car is a beast and I wish you all success with it

Reactions: dave6666
Unfortunately we had some downtime. Weaver had some things going on and wasn't able to make the trip up for a while. However we are back on schedule and mid April he and Shane are planning on coming to finish the last bit of sensor work and start tuning.

I am so ready to just hear the damn thing! This engine has never ran. Then I will slap new rubber on it and we will be ready to hit the track. Good friend of mine races professionally and he is going to help me get the car dialed in. We will probably be running it in Tulsa, OK.

04mystic said:
Then I will slap new rubber on it and we will be ready to hit the track. Good friend of mine races professionally and he is going to help me get the car dialed in. We will probably be running it in Tulsa, OK.
You gonna drive it? Be safe if you do!

Discussion starter · #49 · (Edited)
You gonna drive it? Be safe if you do!
After all this time and effort put into the build over the years, I'm sure he insists to be the first in the drivers seat after tuning is finished.
;)

Edit* Anyone else notice the other cars on the hood, top left of the exhaust as sort of a kill list to start tallying up.

That car is beautiful! Sal P. better watch his six...six seconds!!

:yes:

Jay K.
Jay, this car is in a completely different league than Sal's car as it has a 4-link rear suspension.

No matter how fast a 4 link race car goes, it will be hard to compare to Sal's accomplishment of running a 6 @ 215 MPH in a 3800# IRS car.

These guys have a great start with a well built chassis, great motor and turbo system. It should be fairly straight forward to dial in the 4-link and get this bad boy down the track first in a straight line and then quickly.

It will be interesting to see how the 4 link cars like this one and Bob Helms' car will stack up against each other in terms of 60', 1/8 and 1/4 ET's and MPH!

Can't wait to see how this project progresses!

Good luck to all parties involved!

Unfortunately we had some downtime. Weaver had some things going on and wasn't able to make the trip up for a while. However we are back on schedule and mid April he and Shane are planning on coming to finish the last bit of sensor work and start tuning.

I am so ready to just hear the damn thing! This engine has never ran. Then I will slap new rubber on it and we will be ready to hit the track. Good friend of mine races professionally and he is going to help me get the car dialed in. We will probably be running it in Tulsa, OK.
I'm just a couple hours away from Tulsa. You should let us know when you take it down there so we can see how babies are truly made. ;)

Shane came in today and started working his magic on the keyboard. Weaver will be in tomorrow. We are hoping to make some noise by Friday night!

My neighbors are going to hate my guts!

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Shane came in today and started working his magic on the keyboard. Weaver will be in tomorrow. We are hoping to make some noise by Friday night!

My neighbors are going to hate my guts!

View attachment 108721

So pumped to see this car run! Feels like a lifetime waiting for it. I'm happy to see this car get done as I started my 2nd (failed) turbo build when this one started. :cursin: Sucks to be me...but I'm so happy for you mystic.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Hopefully soon, and to think this was once a 10 second For car back in 2002, then later on a footwell TT car by ART and now a 4-link fully built track car with an very appropriate paint job.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.