Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Whatever happened to this car?

15K views 79 replies 41 participants last post by  ultradriver10000 
#1 ·
So I was cleaning up my PB account and came across a few pics of this drag Viper ART was building for Ray 3 or 4 years ago.
Just wondering if anyone has any info on it since ART closed shop and Ray passed...
I was really looking forward to seeing this run, no doubt a 6 sec car with a good driver and track conditions.

See less See more
#4 ·
Seeing as it was Ray's build, I doubt money was ever an issue. I know ViperSpray had a few updates on the car as he saw it in person a time or two but after that, it seems to have disappeared.

A bit of history on this car, it used to belong to SW and is this same Viper in the video of SW racing Kean is his big single Supra.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MQHdd2T0c]Kean vs. SW - Supra vs. Viper - YouTube[/ame]

#7 ·
This car is alive and well. Currently getting freshened and we are gonna do with it what Ray never got the chance to do! It will be making its first pass in memory of Ray Hoffman very soon! Ray was a great man and friend that I truly miss and I am blessed to have the people close to him ask me to head up this project in his memory.

Can anyone tell me how to change my screen name???? I have been unsuccessful thus far. ART is long gone, but DW is back. Keep your eyes open!

DW

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

#12 ·
This car is alive and well. Currently getting freshened and we are gonna do with it what Ray never got the chance to do! It will be making its first pass in memory of Ray Hoffman very soon! Ray was a great man and friend that I truly miss and I am blessed to have the people close to him ask me to head up this project in his memory.

Can anyone tell me how to change my screen name???? I have been unsuccessful thus far. ART is long gone, but DW is back. Keep your eyes open!

DW
PM sent

#52 ·
Jay, this car is in a completely different league than Sal's car as it has a 4-link rear suspension.

No matter how fast a 4 link race car goes, it will be hard to compare to Sal's accomplishment of running a 6 @ 215 MPH in a 3800# IRS car.

These guys have a great start with a well built chassis, great motor and turbo system. It should be fairly straight forward to dial in the 4-link and get this bad boy down the track first in a straight line and then quickly.

It will be interesting to see how the 4 link cars like this one and Bob Helms' car will stack up against each other in terms of 60', 1/8 and 1/4 ET's and MPH!

Can't wait to see how this project progresses!

Good luck to all parties involved!

#15 ·
I was honored to take possession of this monster. I bought it for one reason and that was to accomplish what Ray set out to do. I called Weaver right away and started asking him all the details. While we were talking it was obvious that he loved that car and was proud of what he had built thus far, but regretted he never got a chance to finish it completely. He quickly offered up that he would help me with it because it was a chapter in his life that he never got to close.

This car created a lot of excitement with a lot of people, unfortunately it never got a chance to prove itself. Weaver and I are going to give it all we got to turn some good numbers.

One thing for sure, Ray will be riding co-pilot with a big grin on his face;)

#25 · (Edited)
I spoke with him on here a few times and he was a stand up guy who was always ready to lend a hand when needed. Big thanks to Mystic for picking up where Ray left off to see this all the way through in his memory.
I have no doubt Ray is already ripping around heavens race tracks (yes heaven has race tracks) and having a grand ole time.

Looking forward to seeing this make some passes.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.