So now that you stated this.packetjunkie said:Pointless? Maybe. But here's my suggestions for making the VCA site a better place for its membership. ViperAlley is not for everyone, but DotOrg could make alot of improvements to make it more attractive for those who use it.
- Appoint a Web Committee that actually governs the site, its members are published and are accountable for their actions to the members. Membership should be limited to, say, 5 people; at least one of whom is elected by members of the VCA who are registered on the site.
- Open a Forum Business forum where suggestions and/or changes to the site itself can be posted by members (can be limited to VCA members to cut down on traffic, if need be). All posts would require some kind of response, either from a member or from the committee itself.
- No more hiddens - the time has past. Anyone with privs on the site should be identified as an Admin or Moderator. Only Admins/Mods have permissions to edit/delete posts.
- Remove the phone number/address requirement for new registrations. Require an ISP email addresses for registration - no free email accounts.
- Since the website actually makes money (and the VCA has the cash); it should hire (or pay) its developers for improvements to the site. When the site was broke, I could justify working for free; but at some point either new willing volunteers need to be recruited or existing should be compensated.
My 2 cents.
When is this going to happen over there?
It actually sounds pretty sound MP!! :thumb: