Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,650 Posts
I think hennessey was selling some, but also check with Heffner.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
roe and heffner combo, injectors and fuel rails as well as the fuel system upgrade (walbro pump and lines).

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike, I am looking primarily for the rails. I can get a set of 40lb injectors like new real cheap, so I just need the rails.

How are the rails fed? From the schrader vavle or does one have to run separate lines to them?

John

·
Registered
863 Posts
JDawg:

You have to:

1. Modify the throttle bracket (perhaps this was unique to my rails)

2. Cut the oem fuel line and convert it to a AN connector and feed the first rail. You will need a tube-to-AN compression connector. I used the stainless cutter type fuel line and fittings.

3. Tie the rails together with a second fuel line.

4. I changed oil because I thought some of the gas bled into the engine.

5. Change to the MSD injector connectors. Make sure you have a crimper for the fold-in pins. Order extra pins unless you are already an expert with these pins.

6. I also had to manipulate/bend and align the rail brackets to get a postive alignment of the rail and all injectors.

In summary, you will be at it for a full day and unless you do some preplanning a day won't do it. In addition, you will not find all the AN fittings and cutter hoses for the job at the local hardware store.

If you get serious, let me know and I will do a bill-of-material for you on the hardware. The hardware will be somewhat dependent on the connector types the rail is tapped for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.