Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to be cheap and also don't want to be stupid and replace something for no reason.

Is there anything I should replace while changing gaskets? 95 with 4K miles. Only had 800 miles two years ago when I bought it. I'm already considering thermostat and plug wires.

·
Registered
791 Posts
yea...grab a t-stat...even a roe one with lower temp helps...and a gasket...maybe the roe hoses??...some wires and plugs, are you buying jus the head gaskets or the complets upper set??...if all you're buying is the gaskets you'll need intake gaskets also and a few others ..so i would by the whole upper set so you will have all you need to get the job done and a couple gallons of coolant.....oh..and make sure you get the latest set of gaskets...the ones with the metal gaskets not the paper ones again or you'll be wasting your time and doing it again....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the entire upper gasket kit. Was told that reusing bolts on gen1 is perfectly fine, torque is much more than stock torque with old crappy gaskets.

What about rockers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.