Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DLM car is really clean but I have two small problems.

I have two deep scratches that are on the drivers door. they have a blob of touch up paint on them now. what should I do?

1. not worry about it, you have to look but they are noticible when you are close to the car.

2. Paint it and how do you paint just the door??? would it be necessary to paint half the car for it to match or all of it.

any Idea on cost?

outside of this the car is in Excellent shape!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
If you want to get it fixed, any body shop worth their weight can simply sand, paint, blend, and it will look like new. And it will match perfectly. Should not be more than a couple of hundred bucks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Roof...have you filled the scratches with paint??..if so have a good detail shop wetsand the area and buff it and see how it comes out...or if not have a real good bodyshop fill in the scratches and blend the door..if they are worth their weght they can do that..i have a shop here that does pretty good work and it's never been a prob for them..

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
It depends on how deep the scratches are, If they are just in the clear coat the have them buffed out. If they are any deeper have it done by a bodyshp or ask your dodge dealer who they use for scratches. The used car manager is the person to ask

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.