Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stuck in a dilema...I took my cats off my car about a month ago and the car sounds awesome!! On the other hand, the car smells really bad...the check engine light came on for a day or so, and then has never came back on. My question is the car running in the safe rich mode or not, since the lights not on? If so, will the sim eliminatiors take care of the smell or will I still smell like gas? If I can't get rid of the smell, then I must go with either the high flow cats or put the stock ones back on, which I really don't wanna do? HELP!!!!

Secondly, am I going to have the same problem with the high flow cats? Are they still going to leave a smell on me? I don't mind the smell if I'm just crusing around, but it's not good going to the clubs or restraunts trying to talk to girls and they probally think I just got done working at the gas station!!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yes the smell will stay without cats. Who cares what the people at the Club thinks, do a burnout to cover up the exhaust smell. Put Simms in it to get rid of the check engine light.

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
I didn't think it was that bad...

Maybe it is running really rich without the SIMs...

Or maybe just put an extra layer of that hi-karate after-shave on...

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Yeah, without the sims you'll be running super-rich.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Confrontational said:
I didn't think it was that bad...

Maybe it is running really rich without the SIMs...

Or maybe just put an extra layer of that hi-karate after-shave on...
hi karate! omg that made me laugh :lolcry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts