Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry,
I posted this already in the Drag forum by accident.

I have a 97 GTS with Tubes/Filters. The previous owner put high-flow cats (not sure what type) and ditched the resonators and runs through the stock rear muffler. Im not crazy about the sound....

What would the T&D's add? Do I need other mods before putting rocker arms on?

I want to do headers/full exhaust also. Is there any order I should be following. What HP for rockers and for headers/exhaust?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Do headers first and a full exhaust system, then do T&D's. Decide whether or not you are going to go forced induction before doing heads, so you can tailor your compression ratio correctly

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
A lot of full exhaust (headers, cats, mufflers) have yielded around 50 hp on the early Gen II's. I would do the complete exhaust as well first and then the rockers. Expect roughly around 20 hp from the rockers.

As far as the sound, personally I would ditch the rear muffler all together and put an "x" pipe and buy the rockers with that money, instead of buying a $1200 cat back system.

If you want loud just remove the cats totally, if not leave them.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
vague question, it all depends upon your bank account. for sake of arguement, i would go belanger headers, corsa catback exhaust. and yes T&Ds. from there its alot of thought cause thats when the big shit starts, LOL. as for me; im going all motor to the limit and then...ssshhhh its a secret /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

good luck, have fun and for gods sake...race the damn thing /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,
Basically I was wondering about these two mods and if anything else needed to be done before the Rockers.
After this point I will probably Spray it or go with Roe or Paxton.

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts