Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was planning on buying my first snake I made a list of upgrades I thought I would buy. Now that I've got an 02 GTS, and I'm looking over options for real I'm suprised to find that the VEC-1 has been discontinued.

What's the deal on this, is there a bigger/badder/better version on the way or what?

·
Registered
932 Posts
VEC2 being phased in...not available for NA cars yet though (I don't think?).

I bought my VEC1 just as they were phasing it out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See that's the source of my confusion. I understood the VEC-2 to be for blown cars, and the VEC-1 for the N/A cars. It seems there was a need for both types. It would be unfortunate if the N/A guys were left in the cold, and I doubt that Sean really has plans to do that. There must be a plan to offer some product to fill that gap.

The question is.... What is it? :nod:

·
Registered
791 Posts
sean will be releasing a VEC-2 for N/A cars soon...the reason the Vec-1 went away is because the Vec-2 is alot better and can be tuned alot better than the Vec-1 could...you can even tune indivdual cylindes..it's alot beter than the Vec-1 was...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah very good, so the answer is to be patient and wait for a VEC-2 N/A model.

Gotcha, and thanks for the info!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I got mine used, I was kicking myself for not getting it sooner. The first day I had it on the car I was tuning it at the track. I only got three runs to tune, I had a 12.1, 12.0, 11.9. I was getting faster and faster. I did gain 3 mph in the 1/8 mile. It did need more tuning in the top end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts