Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you are good I think you should see a low eleven, maybe a teen. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
19,108 Posts
Damn bro, you are a celebrity. :D

Didn't know you were on that show.;)
They were in town and needed a cool car to go down the track.......................... :D

Tires were original MXXX too.

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,571 Posts
I do a quarter mile in 15 seconds. Then again, I'm only doing 60mph on the freeway at a time...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My best time was an 11.96 @ 116 in a stock 97 RT. Short times are critical, get a 1.8 60' or better and you will get 11s. I got close when I did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtEnHDEXOb0
Hah that's awesome! What's with the dumbass that said 13.9? Good lord..

I def think I can get a 1.8 if its a warm night, decent track, and i find the right launch rpm and throttle limit.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
11.8 @ 123 :)
Bah! lol

If I can't get an 11.5 I'm gonna be pissed heh. If a stock car can run 12.0, and I have an extra 100hp/tq, shouldn't I be able to get into the low 11's?

And on a side note, can anyone tell me what the requirements are for ET's and safety equipment? It's been awhile since I've been to the dragstrip and I remember at certain ET's you'd need driveshaft loops, roll bars, etc..

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bah! lol

If I can't get an 11.5 I'm gonna be pissed heh. If a stock car can run 12.0, and I have an extra 100hp/tq, shouldn't I be able to get into the low 11's?

And on a side note, can anyone tell me what the requirements are for ET's and safety equipment? It's been awhile since I've been to the dragstrip and I remember at certain ET's you'd need driveshaft loops, roll bars, etc..
You asked what it would run :)

But I think the car is capable of running low 11's à 125

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bah! lol

BTW I'm flying to Texas in the Am to go pick up the viper :)

I enjoyed your thread a whole lot : )
My car has only 13,000 miles so I'm praying I won't have any issues lol cause I'll b fucked : *)

GPS check
Sunglasses check
Auxiliary cord for stereo check
I'm ready :) my body tells me

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts
The car should be capable of getting into the 11s, but it really is a crap shoot. Too many variables. Track DA, track prep, driver skill, etc.
This is right on. I am worried about the 60' as that is what killed me running my Viper. if I aired down and had the right tire, that is a solid .5 off the time, most of it on the 60' mark as I was pulling a crappy launch and had to come up at a low RPM and feather the throttle a hair with my Nitto 555R's and a 60' that should have been a 1.5 and instead was a 1.8 and had me launching before my power band and losing a lot of ET. That said, a low ET is good, but how you run on the street to me is more important.

Either way, have fun, be safe and drive home. Post up good, bad or whatever, learn from the experience but no matter what just have fun and post up some video.

·
Suspended by order of Blacksnake99
9,913 Posts
Bah! lol

11.49 and quicker requires a roll bar. They will usually give you a warning before booting you out.;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
BTW I'm flying to Texas in the Am to go pick up the viper :)

I enjoyed your thread a whole lot : )
My car has only 13,000 miles so I'm praying I won't have any issues lol cause I'll b fucked : *)

GPS check
Sunglasses check
Auxiliary cord for stereo check
I'm ready :) my body tells me
Good luck! How far are you going? If I did it again I'd bring a spare belt, more coolant, more oil, an entire socket/wrench set, and some spare radiator hoses. And earplugs.

11.49 and quicker requires a roll bar. They will usually give you a warning before booting you out.;)
Darn I didn't realize it was that soon. I wonder if they'll actually check. Can't I just get my slip and sneak away? lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
If the car is really over 500whp you shouldn't have trouble getting into the mid 11's. I haven't had the chance to get my car to the track yet but I ran back to back 12.6's with my SRT Ram with just bolt-ons (well under 500whp) and I hit the scale that day at 5,165lbs!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
21 - 40 of 43 Posts