Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do Cream Puff\'s dyno at....?

I'll be taking the car to get a baseline. I'm thinking it should be right at 400rwhp and 450 rwft-lbs. Is that about right for an 01 ACR cream puff. No mods...none at all.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: What do Cream Puff\'s dyno at....?

Any guesses on mine?

2002 GTS w/ smooth tube, K&N, Sean Roe high flow cats 2.5" and 3" Borla cat back.

I was hoping for at least 415 RWHP

·
Registered
3,494 Posts

sbkim said:
Any guesses on mine?

2002 GTS w/ smooth tube, K&N, Sean Roe high flow cats 2.5" and 3" Borla cat back.

I was hoping for at least 415 RWHP

my 01 with tubes/filters, oval cats(2.5), and muffler delete = 426/466

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

My 02 with smooth tubes, rear muffler delete and filters.

428.0 HP

466.6 Torque

Done at Heffners.

3100 miles on car.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

Snake Bitten said:
How many miles on the clock?
G makes a very good point!

If you have under 10,000 miles and all is stock, don't be surprised if it's slightly under 400 rwhp.
If the car is broken in, then you'll be 400-410 rwhp I'll bet!
That's assuming your at a reasonable altitude.

·
Registered
159 Posts

My 02 with Corsa 3" catback, K&N, with smooth tubes(4000 miles on engine):
414RWHP
457RWTQ

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Pitty, The ACR has only 7500mi on it. Humm looks like it's time for a road trip. Well I think I can get another 500mi on it before the run next week.

On another note. I checked my MPG and driving in the city I got a wopping 11mpg. Then on the freeway (yes keeping it within 10mph of the speed limit.) I got about 20mpg. I did the math in my head so...it maybe off a little.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts

Tanked said:
I checked my MPG and driving in the city I got a wopping 11 mpg.
Did you get the 4 cylinder model??? That's wwaaaayyy to high...try the peddle on the right...that's the fun peddle...Keep your foot in that one.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I use gears 1-3-5 it works great. I never have to touch the gas. This car has lots of torque. So I use it. The ACR will idle about 30mph in 5th and about 40-43mph in 6th.

Yes the right peddle is more fun....but only on the track. On the street, I try to keep it real...with in 10mph of the speed limit. Yes, I did many burnouts on the 4th of july parade.

BTW My last car was the 4cyl verson of the viper....neon R/T...minor mods to run mid 13's...on street tires all motor. I can't wait it'll I have the money for a big stroker kit for the viper....uuummmm torque good.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts

"1-3-5?" Jesus H (****, thanks Nohsreg) Christ. Here's the rule. If you ever get close to double digits in M'sPG, go directly to wide open throttle.

"I never have to touch the gas." You are in the wrong car.

Please go away.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

wrong car??? Pleassse. Just because I don't do a drag launch from every stoplight doesn't mean I'm in the wrong car. I'd rather do that at the drag strip where I don't get tickets for that.

I have a ticket for "Vulgar display of power". It has something to do with a 80ft long burnout...........in a neon. I have that one framed. :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts