Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has purchased a car from california with a salvaged title...everything on it seems fine, but I was wondering..what kind of damage deems a title salvaged? I believe I have read that the air bags must blow? Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Any amount of damage that the insurance co. would consider a "total lose", or unfixable(ie: more money to fix than the car would be worth). Once that happens the the title of the car should be branded as a salvage for the rest of time(though some people find a way around this illeagly, through the act of title washing). Many states require that vehicles resurected from a salvage car must have an inspection of some sorts to verify a satisfactory repair(doesn't mean quality or top workmanship), some states don't.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
every state is differant, but it's usually 60% Actual cash value. Be wary some states brand the title "parts only" and the car can never be rebuilt. Also note that if you get the title cleared (branded salvage) in one state, if you more or sell the car, other states may not honor the title and you may have to get it inspected in the new state.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about california....anyone have good info on that state?

thanks everyone...I want to buy a car from cali with a salvaged title and was wondering if it would be a wise thing to do...

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J. Nguyen said:
CA, it's 66% of car value. Check to see if the car was stolen or accident. Stolen cars are good purchases if price is good.

hmmm, maybe I should buy a stolen car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.