Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was over at West Coast the other day to take a look at my engine project. I have been curious about the reprogramming they do and whether or not it's done on premises or not. Well, it is done there. They have a very elaborate set up to reprogram the stock Viper engine controller. All of the computer hex codes, factory contectors...everything. There is no splicing done here. All factory equipment used to reprogram. In fact, I know of a couple of other tuners trying to eye how they do it by "popping" in unannounced.

I hope this clears up any issues with this. So far, West Coast lives up to what they say and do...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Contact info.?

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I want to see one of their cars in action first. Lets have them show up at a V10 nat, or take a Levin, Heffner, or Hennessey car on a highway roll.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll take on any one of those cars on the track. He knows track cars better than any tuner in the country. A lot of the tuners know straight line, and that is great, but I think West Coast specialty is track racing (but I'll let them chime in on that).

Of caorse, having said that, there are a number of his cars that regularly race in the open mile challenges and win. So, there is proof he knows straight line stuff, too.

I think there is no one with the inside connections at DC that West Coast has. They really build strong, hard race cars. I would like to know the number of race cars those guys have as compared to West Coast. Not even close. Oh, yeah, they don't even do real racing...(sorry for the lash, but track racing is my gig!)

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
only reason i didnt do the PCM reprogramming they offer, its not practical if you travel ( like I do) and octane ratings change. for example when im out in nevada or cali, the octane is 91 but if i have a PCM programed for 93 which is what i got here at home, im fucked.

also; a "by-product" of their reprogramming is a high rpm idle hang. who in the hell wants to be sitting at a light looking like a moron with your shit idling at 2000

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I agree, John knows his shit over at West Coast Viper. Their 650 package looks to be bullet proof, realtively inexpensive, and give you an all motor powerhouse that is designed for high RPM, High Speed action for 30+ minutes straight without heating issues. My RT/10 was originally an SVS car, but about half of it is now a WCV car, and that thing runs COOOOOL on the track, even after driving it hard for 30 mins in the 4000 to 6000 RPM range almost non-stop. In fact, it gets hotter once I pull off the track and there is no longer as much air flow. Plus it looks cool with the front splitter and all the gear, at least to me:

[image]http://www.gigatechsoftware.com/cars/purner1.JPG[/image]
[image]http://www.gigatechsoftware.com/cars/purner4.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I can say this, I have Jason's flash in my car and it picked up a lot under the curve. It didn't pick up any peak power to speak of , but you can feel the difference seat of the pants. As far as the idle, it does hang a little, but it always hung a little before. As far as track time, my car ran as fast as 10.56 on drag radials ( second place in the shoot out)and ran over 136 mph last weekend. I am doing a heads, cam, and nitrous SRT and I plan on using his flash for this also. I think it is a decent bang for the buck upgrade in my opinion.
Later,
Joe

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Manny I've said it before, but that's the hottest Gen I I've ever seen. (Except Ron and Jakes) /images/graemlins/wink

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
Manny_C said:
I agree, John knows his shit over at West Coast Viper. Their 650 package looks to be bullet proof, realtively inexpensive, and give you an all motor powerhouse that is designed for high RPM, High Speed action for 30+ minutes straight without heating issues. My RT/10 was originally an SVS car, but about half of it is now a WCV car, and that thing runs COOOOOL on the track, even after driving it hard for 30 mins in the 4000 to 6000 RPM range almost non-stop. In fact, it gets hotter once I pull off the track and there is no longer as much air flow. Plus it looks cool with the front splitter and all the gear, at least to me:

Hey I drove that car at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
863 Posts
Black GTS

The computer flash makes no sense for a NOS (dual purpose) car. You are off bottle 90% of the time and giving up hp if you have it set up for NOS. You would actually need two PCM's and that is a pain to be changing when going from NA to NOS.

A programmable on-the-fly piggy-back or stand-alone computer is going to be far better for you. You can get the same results with the VEC2 and carry an NA card and NOS card and easily change the program within seconds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
JackB,
I understand what you are saying...I am a Roe dealer and have installed several vec 2 packages with good results. I wanted to try Jason's flash to see the results for a selling factor for my customers. I have customers that may not want to spend $1000 plus install and dyno time. I was just sharing my input on his set up...for the cost, I still think it is a good deal.
Later,
Joe

·
Registered
148 Posts
SoCal Rebell said:
Manny_C said:

Hey I drove that car at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

-what were your lap times??

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
The race tires/wheels would not fit over my new stop tech brakes, so instead of calling the day off, I raced it at Willow Springs with the 19" Purner wheels on. It was a slippery ride, and not pushed too hard since I didn't want to go off track. I don't recall my lap times. I know I never got passed though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Idle hang has been a problem with many stock and modified Vipers. If the car has an idle hang problem the WCV flash won’t be the cure, but with their current flash it won’t be the cause either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.