Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went driving in Michigan Saturday - Didn\'t see another Viper

Here's what is so sweet about the Viper.

Saturday in Michigan turned out to be really nice, all you people down South and out West can't relate. Finally a nice day although I still had to wear a ski jacket and gloves to keep from freezing.

Drove around for 3 hours, had dozens of people talk to me, say nice car, multiple cars, rice, trucks etc, try to race or just play around and rev their engines....

...didn't see one other Viper. These things are so exclusive! It's amazing that I probably drove by 200 Vette's in those 3 hours and nobody cares. Shit, people were almost huddled around me...why the hell would you buy something else?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: Went driving in Michigan Saturday - Didn\'t see another Viper

I'm in Michigan also, and have already logged over a 1000 miles this year. The MCVO is part of the Detroit Council of sports car clubs and participates in the auto cross series. There was a autox Sunday with the corvette club down at the Cadillac assembly plant. Cold but fun.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I live in Granger Indiana, right on the Indiana, Michigan border and there must be at least 8 Vipers in our area. I have an 02 Yellow/Black stripe GTS, one of 37 and there are two more just like it within a few miles of where I live. At least mine was the first one in the area. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
416 Posts

Hey wait a minute I was out Saturday and I didn't see any of you guys. I didn't get out very far though and stayed in the Rochester area. Where did you guys cruise at?

·
Registered
130 Posts

95Viper --

I guess the reason you didn't see me was that I was going sooooo fast!!

I was out Saturday and Sunday running from Troy along I-75 and around in West Bloomfield. It was a great weekend. Sunny weather and sunny people!

See you at the brunch on the 25th, if not before.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts

I was out Saturday in the Viper. I saw one other Viper out. People around us sure seemed to be excited to see 2 Vipers side by side. I was out near Novi. Then I drove out to Batteries Plus on Woodward in Birmingham to get a battery for one of my arcade games. Cruised through the downtown Birmingham shopping area real quick and to see if any babes were out an about. Then a brand new Rolls Royce drives by me. Sure is humbling when you think you are doing pretty good and some guy not much older than you drives by in a brand new $300,000 or so car.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Sean I was out lurking around in my car on Saturday too and went down Maple through downtown Birmingham also. I'll have to keep an eye out for you. There are alot of cars in the area that are humbling.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

I live in Michigan as well...(southwest area) and the only viper I've seen this year is my own. However, I've seen about 15 or more ZO6's and three times as many C5's in the last week. It's almost disgusting! Why would anyone get one of those...I see more vette's than dodge neons lately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.