Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get one of these new "1000+ rwhp" blower packages, or wait for Heffner's TT to gain some more balls get that?

I realize Jason is still testing, but i wanna see what it's gonna be like on a fully modified engine.

I can't decide....i've had this problem with every car i've owned "what the hell to do to it!" After seeing the posts about the several cars running 150+ traps at the Nats, it has made me reconsider the blower. But the turbos should have more potential.....ya know, if i'm gonna spend that much money, might as well have the fastest thing possible.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
No matter what you get there will be bigger and better coming along in the near future by all the tuners.

Try to drive some of each and see what you like.

Ask people who drive their's and not just look at it as it sits in the garage under a cover.

They each have +'s and -'s so you must think about what exactly you want from your car.

Remember that opinions are like assholes.........and I only have one and I don't share it. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah.....i forgot to put in the "there will be someone faster in about a month" speach.....very true, especially at the rate these tuners are advancing.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Street and strip. But i may take it to Gingerman Raceway(awesome road course) a few times as well since it is only 45 minutes from where i live.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A trip to Gingerman would be a great bang for the buck investment. Road racing teaches what a few seconds in a straight line can't. Seat time is what makes a car fast. Tune up the nut behind the wheel and see the difference in time slips.

You don't have to beat the other car, just the other driver.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have a Heffner S/C Viper and after getting a ride in the Twin Turbo car, I'm going to be changing over. My car makes big numbers on the dyno and has put down some good numbers on the track, but the two things that have sold me on the twin turbo system; 1)the torque of a twin turbo is incredible. It makes most of the torque real low in the RPM range, and 2)the ability to vary the boost is a very big advantage.

I'm not saying that the S/C package isn't awesome, but if you ride in the twin turbo car, you would probably go with it. Just ask Big Carrot or Smokin' or anybody else that has gotten a ride in Sal's car what they thought. The interesting thing is that Sal's car is a stock engine with twin turbos.

Jason Heffner has several cars that are in the process of having turbos installed. You should give him a call and talk to him about what you're looking to achieve with your car. Also, you may want to see if you can get a ride in one of these cars--you WILL be amazed!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Definitely turbo! That car was amazing! I told Heffner that if I could shit gold nuggets I'd be first in line for one!

·
Registered
78 Posts
ROLLMODEL said:
Street and strip. But i may take it to Gingerman Raceway(awesome road course) a few times as well since it is only 45 minutes from where i live.
-How come you haven't taken it there already? Might be better to get some track time with the car as it sits, then mod it later, so you can evaluate what it lacks on the road course. I guess it depends on your level of driving ability also. Good luck

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
The 1000 rw hp SC cars have yet to run a number at the track. 10.3 @ 143 mph was the best I saw them run on Sunday. Maybe its belt slippage or clutch or whatever.

If you can afford the TT, get it. Aside from brutal power, you will get the most driveable high horsepower package available. Put a 143 mph SC Viper next to a 143 mph TT Viper and you will see that the SC sounds like a pro stock car and the TT sounds like a stock Viper with a catback.

The only problem you are going to have with getting a TT is the wait. We have 11 in production right now and it looks like Heffner has a growing line of customers who will be anxiously waiting for theirs too.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Totally disagree with that. In fact every sentence.. Perhaps you've been listening and seeing the wrong s/c vipers and wrong s/c packages vs TT packages. What planet are you from? Oh yeah, forgot..Texas.. ;)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Gerald said:
Totally disagree with that. In fact every sentence.. Perhaps you've been listening and seeing the wrong s/c vipers and wrong s/c packages vs TT packages. What planet are you from? Oh yeah, forgot..Texas.. ;)
/images/graemlins/upyours

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VetteZ06 said:
ROLLMODEL said:
-How come you haven't taken it there already? Might be better to get some track time with the car as it sits, then mod it later, so you can evaluate what it lacks on the road course. I guess it depends on your level of driving ability also. Good luck
I've driven there many times. I go to viperdays every year when it comes. I just got mine about 6 months ago though. I HAVE driven this viper around Gingerman (but it was not under my ownership at the time). I then was hooked and later bought the car the car the next month, but not in time for viperdays. :bonk:

I do know how to handle the car decently.....well at least in a straight line /images/graemlins/yes 11.74 @ 121.01 stock as the car stands. VERY quick viper out of the box, or factory should i say. That is one reason why i bought THIS car, cause i knew it made more power than the average viper.

But yes you are right, some more time in the twisties would be of some benifit; however if you look at the guys who already have these outrageous systems, i doubt that they went to a local track to fly through the corners every week. :ugh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
just curious...when someone ask about a TT system...everyone jumps to say the new Heffner..or hennessey system...but no one brings up SVS?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Gerald said:
Gerald,

I'm guessing you'll get a chance to prove that in Florida in February. I hear there are a couple twin turbo Vipers that would love to show you what the fuss is all about on the street or strip! :burn:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RedSnakeGTS said:
repete said:
just curious...when someone ask about a TT system...everyone jumps to say the new Heffner..or hennessey system...but no one brings up SVS?

i think that is b/c people are talking about systems that exist :thumb:
EXACTLY! Couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
??

SVS clearly has a system that exists. And was putting down 9.16 second quarter miles.

Hennessey has the only SRT TT to-date.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We still havn't seen a day to day driven SVS system. That is what RedSnake is saying.

Lets not start another tuner pissing match here though. Otherwise the grudge matches will be on for the Florida V-10 Nats in February. :devil:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts